94 | LONG NIGHT

CHAPTER NINETY-FOUR
'long night'

Hours of searching and sneaking later, you and Katsuki had no idea where your son was and Katsuki was laid back on your bed, groaning.

"How big is this place?!"

"Huge."

"Like my—"

"Flatten your ego."

You laughed for a quick few seconds, plopping yourself on the end of the bed, reading through the book again.

"There's nothing in here that tells us about giving quirks to people or changing them." You shut it and threw it into the fireplace in front of you. "Which means she is acting on her own if the PLF is occupied."

Katsuki sat back, leaning on his elbows to stare at your back. "We're waiting until tomorrow? Where else could he be?"

"The hospital is a little far. I don't know the way there either."

"Who knows?"

Instinctively, your hand reached to your upper arm, rubbing above the patch of scarred skin. "Dabi knows."

As he laid down, he thought back to the camping trip. It seemed so long ago and the traumas he had from it soon faded and transformed into more serious but unrealistic ones— still as bad though. Those nights were one of the only times he can allow himself to be swallowed by the vulnerability he keeps hidden. The other time would be when he's with you.

a few months ago.

He heard the crunches of the dried sticks snap behind him and Shoto. After hearing a giggle erupt from your mouth, he kissed his teeth.

"Oi! Stopwatch!"

You bit back at him after greeting Shoto. "Are you joking me? I've been telling you it's a pocket watch."

"Well, that's not what I'm going to call you." He huffed and continued to walk at a slow pace to wait for the 'jump scares' Class 1-B were meant to do.

"Are you scared, [name]?" Shoto asked you, letting you stand between him and Katsuki.

You shook your head. "No, not really—"

"RAH!"

"Oh."

"Oh."

"Shit..." you breathed out, staring at a student who emerged from the ground that you had already forgotten the name off. "Hello."

"Hurry up, damn extras!" Katsuki yelled, walking ahead. "I want to get to sleep!"

"Alright, damn grandpa."

As the three of you got deeper into the woods, something began to feel off. You voiced it out, he obviously did not listen at all.

Shoto looked at you. "What is it?"

"It's been minutes. We should've run into someone right now," you said, rubbing up and down your biceps.