29 | VULNERABLE

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
'vulnerable'

"Go on," you said. You pinched the collar of your sweatshirt and adjusted it to counter the heat. "Has a cat caught Bakugou's tongue?"

"God you're so annoying."

"Thanks. So are you."

Bakugou was kind of glad you were back to bickering with each other. It wasn't awkward anymore and even though there was still a slight tension, it felt okay.

You were both sat in the middle of the room, in front of him. He was speaking quietly and you couldn't hear him.

"Why are you not loud?" You asked him, tilting your head in curiosity. "What's gotten into you?"

"Tch. I don't want you to speak right now. I'm thinking."

"You're so... I don't know how to say it... bipolar maybe?"

"If I am, then you definitely are too."

"I never said I wasn't." You shrugged. He looked at you blankly, you did the same too.

After being around a peaceful environment with Bakugou, you became familiar with a different side to him. He was argumentative and rowdy, but then he can become calm and quiet. You were kind and caring one minute then immediately switch to angry. You were both opposites, but also alike.

"Look. What I said the other week... it was shit. I'm uh— sorry," he said gently.

For some of the minutes together, you forgot about what he said to you. Avoiding made you realise how awkward life would be and you both didn't like it. All you wanted was him to be honest and now he was.

Bakugou looked at you sincerely, his cheeks slightly turning pink from embarrassment.

"Stopwatch. Are you— no... How pissed off at me?"

Grudges weren't good for character and it's honestly tiring. Wrinkles and eye bags were things you didn't want at this age. You eyes softened at him and you fiddled with your sleeves thinking about an answer. He threw his pride away to apologise to you. You respected him for that so you were going to do the same.

"If I'm honest, when you said that I wish I slapped you harder than I did... maybe out of ten, I'd say one hundred."

You chuckled lowly when his face contorted to confusion on why you sounded like you were laughing. He rose his brow and you waved it off.

"And currently it's like a three. Only because it's your fault we're stuck here and you're annoying. I accept your apology, Bakugou. Thank you."

"Tch, whatever... now it's awkward."

"You're just flustered."

"I AM NOT SHUT UP!" He yelled. "Humph. What time is it now?"

You pulled out your phone, seeing it that it has two percent left. "five minutes past five."

"Tch, they're taking too long."

"They're practicing for the festival on Friday. I heard from Mina-chan that you're playing the drums. Are you good at it?"

The Future FirecrackerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara