76 | MOTHER DEAREST

CHAPTER SEVENTY-SIX
'mother dearest'

"I've been wondering this for a while now..." you began, walking down the empty streets in the cold afternoon with Dabi. "How did you manage to get information on Katsuro? Everyone just found out about him and yet the League hand an entire file."

Dabi raked his hand through his unruly black hair, sighing. "All for One. He has his ways, probably familiar with your family's powers. Quirks that are related to time are rare and he doesn't have any. That's he wants you and Katsuro on his side."

You memorised every word he said, thinking about it deeply when you both fell back into silence. It was still gravely worrying how he managed to gain that information. But he probably raided your mother's lab— she might've known about Katsuro through your dad and his foresight.

"Why?" Dabi asked as he scratched his head. "You guys locked him up in Tartarus anyway. It's not like he'd be able to get your son, he can travel back in time to avoid him if he wanted. I know I would've done that to avoid shit."

"Maybe if your plan works, we'd be able to break All for One out," you said.

That made you shiver.

You wouldn't help them do that.

"Hm. Seems you're a quick learner," Dabi said, taking another turn to yet another empty street. "It will work. I've been waiting years for it, for the heroes' downfall."

He has?

"Why?"

"Dabi isn't my real name. I've said this." He took a breath and chuckled when he exhaled. "I'll let you know at the reveal. Four months left. Not long."

Dabi's burning cerulean eyes side-eyed you as he took another turn, this time to a main street. At this point, you were surprised he didn't turn you to ashes when no one was around.

"And don't thank me for the implanted device. You may be on our side but that doesn't mean your teenage tendencies disappeared. I only did that because I know how you guys are and the last thing we need is to hear all conversations you're having."

"Well shit then." You mumbled to yourself, trailing slightly behind Dabi. "I don't talk about things like that."

You had little to no idea where you were going, you were sure it felt like it was more than an hour of walking away from the dreary villa. What a pain, I think the inside of my boots are sweating. But just as you were about to ask how much longer was left, he stopped in front of a hospital.

Then your nerves twitched and trembled under your skin.

The scar from which a chip was implanted on the hand you mainly used to use your quirk was covered by the other instinctively. You felt it let short shocks like you would get after you'd get an electric one from touching the metal handrail in the mall or just after Kaminari finished charging your phone.

Sure the hospital looked clean, well-kept and populated with what looked like more than one hundred patients... however, when Dabi wasn't recognised or when he was pointed out and no one cowered, you knew this was no ordinary building.

Jaku General Hospital, the sign read.

It looked normal. Just less busy than ones you usually went to for checkups or ones that you had to visit your classmates in like the one in Hosu.