24 | MORNING SOBA

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
'morning soba'

You spent the next hour listening to Katsuro explain what happened in the Shie Hassaikai base.

He had told you and Bakugou that Overhaul found him walk near his base alone when he was looking for the both of you.

He was just picked off of the streets because Overhaul sensed he had a useful quirk for their sick experiments and that there was a sort of weird feeling around Katsuro when he walked past him. Sort of when your headaches ceased to happen when you found him. It was most likely that.

Katsuro told you that they performed tests and tried to get him to use his quirk and that they confined him for around two weeks before you found him. Within those two weeks, he had met Shigaraki Tomura.

The six year old, throughout his explanation, shivered at the names of the villains. Yet he had a brave face on. He was so determined. There was something that he learned that would change his present. That was the reason he was here. Katsuro wanted to change something.

He came from the future. He told you he wanted to save you. From what?

If he's here, where were you? Where was Bakugou?

Did the both of you not look after him properly? You knew the last thing you would do was abandon your child, so what the hell was the future you doing?

After a while, you've concluded that the you and the Bakugou in Katsuro's present had argued over and over again until you both split, that's if you and him were together in the first place.

By what happened earlier today, that was the only logical explanation. You and Bakugou argue all the time. You wouldn't be surprised if your thought was the truth.

Katsuro didn't want to talk about it, so you decided to ask him at a later date. Now that you know what his quirks are, you'd have a lot on your plate to deal with. Bakugou thought the same.

Katsuro was sat in your arms as you held him in the deafening silence. Bakugou was at least a meter across from you, slouched with his bare arms crossed over his chest.

You fished out your phone from your pockets and looked at the time. 9:15. You stood up with your son in your arms and made your way to the window, not sparing the blond boy a 'goodnight' like you did every night to everyone.

Bakugou looked at you from his sitting position as you stood up. His red eyes tried to read your face and expression.

You didn't look his way. Not even a glance.

Before you fully disappeared, you spoke to him. Just one sentence from you made him turn his head. Your back was still faced against him, one hand holding Katsuro and the other holding onto the window frame to balance yourself.

"He's with you every other day."

Then you slowly left without waking up Katsuro.

He sighed loudly and brought his fist up against the brick of the rooftop. Pieces came falling instantly.

Right now, Bakugou definitely regretted everything he said to you. He actually had a place in his heart for Katsuro and that he wasn't just any other mission. He just wanted more proof of the fact that he was a father.