I nodded.

"And so I called you and you didn't reply, so I walked to yours and I must have just passed out in your bed."

"I am sorry, I would have been asleep by then."

"I know." She says quietly. "Just- I know we fought Lottie, I know we are in a fight right now." She says referring to us. "But this is- this- what's wrong with him?"

I swallow. "Scarlett, you heard the paramedics, they said it was a bad high."

"No, earlier in the evening. You asked me if he was ok, I said yeah, but like obviously he wasn't, isn't, how did you know?"

I shake my head. "I didn't know that was going to happen."

"But you knew he wasn't ok?"

I stare at her. Unsure how to respond.

"Lottie is talented at that. She picks up on how someone is feeling easily."

I look at Rowan, slightly surprised that he spoke.

"Did I ask you?" Scarlett snaps back and I look back at her shocked.

I shake my head at her. "Don't you dare be rude, he's helping us."

I extend my hand over to Rowan, just sort of touching his arm apologetically and he shrugs me off, changing gear as we pull out of town and onto the highway to the city.

Rowan looks at me. Reassuring me with one look that he wasn't offended. I look back at Scarlett again.

Scarlett shrugs my warning off. "I thought he was going to die Lottie, that's how bad it all seemed."

"He had a bad high." I say. "It happens."

"It doesn't happen to him. He knows his limits. He is always so in control when we drink, smoke, when he-"

"Has he been taking pills a lot?" I ask. "More than before?"

"Before what?"

I swallow. "Before when he would do it once in a blue moon with Nathan."

Scarlett nods. "It's everyday."

My eyes widen and I sit up a little. "Everyday?"

"Like literally all the time Lottie, I don't know what to do."

"Tell someone?" I say in disbelief. "Scarlett, he can't-" I pause. "He comes to school and stuff high?"

She nods. " And who am I supposed to tell? His mum? Her head is barely above water at the moment as it is, he'd hate me. His dad? I don't think he'd- he'd just throw him into rehab. He's not even eighteen yet, he can't have that on his record."

"Record? You don't get any type of record for going to rehab Scar." I look at Rowan. "Right?"

He glances at me. "Just medical."

I look at Scar.

She shrugs. "He was talking about the army the other month, military, he's smart, he's talking about medicine and then enrolling, I think. I don't fucking know. That might have changed, but if he goes to rehab, he might not pass the medical checks."

I shake my head. "I feel like they don't- ok honestly I don't know much about that anyway. He just needs help."

"I don't think, I don't think he's addicted. Like he doesn't- he doesn't seem to need them."

"But he does it everyday?"

"I know he's high everyday, popping something or another. Anything he can get from Daniel."