Chapter Twelve: It All Led to This

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Alister where are you?" I asked and the light turned off and I screamed a bit.

"Louisa, Alister!" I heard Atticus call out to me before feeling his hands on my body within seconds. Did he run from upstairs to protect us?The lights came back on and Alister was sitting in the chair with a rose in his hand and he had on one of his father's tux top, which was too big for him. My hands flew to my mouth at his cute gesture.

"You are the best nanny ever!" He said and I held my heart feeling loved.

"Will you go on a date with me!" He asked trying to wink but instead he blinked and I laughed.

"You are your father's son!" I said tapping his nose.

"Of course I will go on a date with you." I said and he smiled so brightly and he clapped.

"Oh oh!" He said turning around to get some candy.

"One for me and one for you." He said before trying to put the ring pop on my finger.

"Watermelon, my favorite!" I told him tasting the candy.

"MY TURN!" He said putting his hand out. And I put it on his finger.

"Daddy the money for my date and me!" He said clapping as if his father is the servant.

"What about me?" Atticus asked holding his chest acting fake hurt.

"You're the driver!" He said and I burst out laughing.
Alister went upstairs to get better clothes and it left Atticus and I in the living room alone with low lights and petals on the ground. We stood there together awkwardly.

"I don't care about your past." He finally spoke and I turned to look at him. "Whatever it was you got through it." He continued and I smiled softly looking down at the ground.

"Atticus."

"You don't have to tell me now or tomorrow, just know that I know you're a good person for my son." He said to me and I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you for respecting my privacy." I said to him and he nodded.

"Turn the lights back on."

"Why?"

"Because if you don't I'll fuck you right here, right now and you've got a date with my son, how would that look?" He said with a straight face and my mouth gaped open and closed before I walked quickly over to the light switch. He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes at him before seeing Alister come down the stairs with a box of chocolate.

"Is that from my room?" Atticus asked with his hands folded.

"SSH." Alister said raising his finger and giving me the chocolate. I collected it and laughed before kissing him on the cheek.

"She's a good kisser daddy." He whispered to his father.

"I know." Atticus responded before looking at me, making me roll my eyes. Alister and I hopped into the backseat set for our wonderful evening with Atticus as our Chauffeur.

Alister and I were playing games on his tablet and Atticus drove slowly glancing at us every now and again, smiling at the sight of his son happy. We made a turn and I lifted my head knowing the neighborhood all too well. No. I looked up at Atticus and he had a smirk on his face.

"You have to quit."

"You could have done that for me when you went here on multiple occasions!" I said to him roughly but he raised his shoulder and parked the car. We got out, Alister and I hand in hand and Atticus jumped out shortly.
I walked into the building and I got the meanest glare from Monica. She called her colleagues to come look at me and they all started mumbling, suddenly I felt so confident.