Chapter 38

Rosemary's POV
During the summer Malakai had to go to some convention in California. Garfield was now 6 months old. He was also teething. Him and Aria were good on the plane since they slept the entire time. Aria sat on Mal's lap. Elizabeth sat in the middle of me and Mal. Garfield sat on my lap. Liz watched a movie on the tv and started falling asleep. When we landed we woke Elizabeth up. At the hotel we all slept for a few hours. At the signing Elizabeth was happy since she got to hang out with Dustin again. While Mal and Dusting were busy we walked around looking at things. Somebody walked up to Elizabeth and stepped on her foot. We were close to Mal when this happened. He got up and ran towards us.

"What happened?!"

Elizabeth looked horrified.

"Do you know who did this?!"

"No. I don't."

"Don't act like you didn't see this coming!"

"Who are you?"

"You're the reason by dad is behind bars!"

"Wha-what?"

"Jane what are you doing?!"

"She's the reason they sent dad away!"

"Who are you?"

"I told you! They don't know about us! You father didn't want them to know!"

"I'm sorry who are you?"

"I'm Macy and this is Jane. She's your half sister."

"What?!"

Aria started kicking Jane. I saw a hand move. Malakai went to grab Ari but Jane ended up pushing her. She fell to the ground and Aria started crying.  Malakai picked her up.

"Let's just go back to the table."

We turned around and started walking to the table. We sat down at the table and tried to forget about what had just happened. Elizabeth was clearly hurt.

I wonder why he didn't tell her about them.

Maybe he had an affair?

Maybe that woman's an ex girlfriend?

We ended up finding out that Alec did indeed have an affair. We'll never know if Hannah knew. Mal was extremely pissed off that someone cheated on his sister. Hannah didn't deserve that. Nobody deserves it.

"Do I have to be close with her?"

"Not if you don't want to."

"Good."

As the years went on Elizabeth still chose to not have anything to do with her half sister. And that's completely fine. By the time Garfield was 6 Malakai was a huge deal. He was getting offered roles basically every single day. He brought us everywhere he went. We did end up seeing Jane another time but we stayed away from her. Aria was now 9. She does go to school but we left her go to all the conventions. She just has to bring all her work with her so she doesn't fall behind. We saw our friends whenever we had time. It was a bit difficult since we're all so busy. Christian ended up marrying Nathan and they adopted two boys. Tyson and Peter. We all still miss Hannah but we know she's always with us. I thought I'd never see my mother again. I was a fool. I should've known she would've come back around.

"Mom! Someone's at the door!"

I walked over to the door and opened it.

"What do you want Hailey?"

"I'm sorry. He told me everything."

"Took him long enough. Now do you believe me?"

"Yes. I do."

"Come in I guess. If you touch one of my kids you're done. Got it?"

I'm such a fool for letting her into our lives. She fucking slapped Aria during an argument.

"Get out of my goddamn house!"

"She pissed me off!"

"That doesn't mean you hit her!"

"What the hell Hailey?!"

"I told you that if you touched one of my kids you'd be done! Now get out of my house! I DO NOT want to see you ever again! I thought you changed! I really did! I waited YEARS to hear that you believe me! I thought you'd be my mother again! Having you back in my life would've been everything to me! Now you slap my daughter?! You will NEVER be their grandmother! They'll only know my dad and Mal's parents. Does Adrian let you be by Benji?"

"No. I don't understand why."

"Ohhhh but I do! I'm going to call and tell him EVERYTHING! You will NEVER be a part of my children's lives anymore! I cannot believe you!"

I pushed her out of my house. I slammed the door and locked it.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Where did that come from?"

"That was me being tired of her bullshit."

After that we never saw Hailey again. We didn't even go to her funeral. I know that sounds cruel. Trust me. I know it does. But the moment she kicked me out was the moment she stopped being my mother. That was the moment she stopped being a part of my life. Was letting her back in a smart choice? No. Was kicking her out of it a better one? Hell fucking yeah it was. This is my life. This is I want to live. I'm surrounding myself and my family with who I trust. That's the way things are. And that's the way things are going to stay. My family means the world to me. Nobody is going to fuck with them. If anyone even tries then I'll go off. This is where our story ends. For now at least. Maybe the kids will have their own story. You never know.