Chapter 24

Malakai's POV
"There's Aunt Charlotte."

Hannah pulled over then everyone got out of the car. Rose hid behind me.

"She looks scary."

"She's not."

We looked every day. We looked everywhere. I haven't slept. I go to the damn place I'm doing the voice recordings then repeat everything the next day

Is this my fault?

No.

It's not.

It's not Hannah's fault.

It's not Amanda's fault.

This is all Alec's fault.

Every time they said they thought they found her I was at the location. I honestly was starting to lose hope.

"Rose I can't take it! I don't know where she it! I don't know if she's hurt! I don't know anything! It's like I'm having deja vu!"

"You need to sleep."

"I can't! Every time I close my eyes I see her sitting in a corner crying for help! This is EXACTLY how I was after I lost you!"

Then it hit me.

"He could be doing what happened to you!"

I zoned out. I see Rose's lips moving but I can't hear her. She shoved my phone in my face. She started shaking me. I started to snap back to reality. She handed my phone to me. I saw a text message from my sister.

"It's an address in Tampa. They're pretty sure they found her this time. I'm driving. You're too worked up."

During the car ride all I did was stare out the window.

She better be okay.

I'll never forgive myself if she's not.

"Mal? We're here. Stay here. Charlotte told us to not do anything."

"Really? You think I'm gonna wait?"

I opened the car door then slammed it. I started pounding on the door. The door opened.

"Liz!"

"You shouldn't be here."

"Let's get you out of here."

"I'm not allowed to leave. I'm not even allowed to open the door. I'm supposed to stay in the room."

"Your aunt's in the car. Come on."

"I can't go. I don't want to get in trouble."

"You're not gonna get in trouble. Your dad is though."

"let him in."

"NO! Key!"

How did she find out about that?!

I went to grab her hand but Alec grabbed her arm.

"Let go of her!"