It Was An Accident

Start from the beginning

Carrie swallowed hard, unsure if she heard her son correct. "Come again?" She asked stopping the tears from falling from her eyes.

Mike, on the other hand, felt furious. His fists were clenched on his sides just like his son. He didn't know how to react exactly.

"I'm really sorry." Charlotte cried.

Carrie stood up, raising her hand, furious, only to be stopped by Mike. They just never hit their children and they never had the reason to, until now.

Charlotte closed her eyes, bracing herself for the stinging on her cheek. After an agonozing amount of time, she opened her eyes again, finding her mom back down on the couch beside her Dad. "It was an accident and I-"

"An accident? Like what, you were fucking crossing the road and a raging penis ran over you getting you knocked up?" Carrie raised her voice. She never really raised her voice on any of her children let alone, swear in front of them. "For Christ's sake Charlotte Marie, what has gotten into you!?" She yelled almost standing up again, only to be pulled back down by her husband.

Charlotte bawled. What they did was wrong in any angle you look. She wouldn't get out of this trouble successfully like she had always used to. "I'm so sorry."

"How long?" Mike asked, the exact opposite of Carrie's emotions. His only daughter is pregnant. He didn't know how to feel.

"3 months?!" Carrie asked. "So when are you planning to tell us? When you're already in labor?!"

"I wasn't planning to keep the baby alive." Charlotte answered, though it didn't help her situation any.

Isaiah just sat there, listening at the conversation. He didn't know what to say at all. He just found out earlier today, when he went to his sister's room to ask if she's already ready for school, finding 3 positive pregnancy tests on her vanity.

Carrie's blood boiled at hearing her daughters response. "Now, killing the baby would be a solution to your carelessness?! Gosh, what is wrong with you?!"

"Can you both go to your respective rooms for a while. We'll talk after everyone's head is cool." Mike calmly stated, sending both their children sprinting up the stairs. "Carrie would you calm down for a while?" He asked when the kids are already out of sight.

"How could I, Mike? Tell me could I calm down, knowing our daughter is pregnant?!" Carrie lost it, she was alredy crying.

Mike enveloped Carrie into his arms, hoping it'll calm her down. Much to his delight it did, and they were just sitting there in silence until he decided to go their room, to have a more private conversation with his wife, for all he knows, their kids can still be at an ear-shot distance.

"What did I ever do wrong?" Carrie sobbed as Mike held her close, sitting by the edge of the bed. "Was I not that good of a mother? Didn't I do my job of taking care of them and raising them well?" She gripped her husband's shirt. "Mike, I don't know what to do."

"Shh.." Mike stroked Carrie's back. "It's all going to be alright." He said.

"But what would the people say? I just don't want our Charlie to experience being bashed by the media."

"Who cares what the people will say?" Mike lifted Carrie's head to face him. "Screw the media and all of them, okay?" He said. "A baby's always a blessing right?" He said, hoping to make Carrie feel better.

"But Charlie's still a baby." Carrie responded. "She's still my baby." She cried again, burrying her head on Mike's chest. "She can't have her own baby yet."

"She'd still have 6 months to prepare herself and she'd be seventeen by then." He kissed the top of Carrie's head.

"That doesn't make it any better!" Carrie whined. "She's too young to take care of a baby, she doesn't even know how to make her own bed!"

"You see, that's why we're here. Remember what Stitch said on Lilo & Stitch?" He asked.

Carrie looked up at her husband, scrunching her nose. "Ohana." She said softly, remembering when they all watched the show just a couple nights earlier to Charlotte's choice.

Mike smiled. Pressing his lips against his wife's.

"I can't believe I swore in front of my kids!" She laughed a bit. "I used two profane words in front of them." She frowned.

Isaiah knocked on his sister's bedroom door before entering, finding Charlotte curled up in a ball, crying. He sat beside his sister, draping his arm on her shoulders. "I'm sorry to be the one who told them." He whispered. "And for knocking Conor out."

"Eh, it's fine." Charlotte sniffled. "I was actually hoping you already told them at school." She wiped her tears away, forcing a smile. "I'm really sorry." She looked up at her brother.

Isaiah just smiled. "On the bright side, i'm going to be an uncle." He chuckled once. "Though were you really planning to abort the baby?"

"I don't know, I mean, Conor didn't want me to and I also didn't want to but that was the only solution I knew." Charlotte replied.

Isaiah kissed the top of Charlotte's head. "Stop crying." He said. "I'm pretty sure that isn't good for the baby."

Charlotte laughed, relaxing at his brother's shoulders, quickly drifting off to sleep.

Isaiah just sat still, content on seeing his sister relax for a bit, knowing it would be another stress-fest later when their parents call them for the continuation of the family meeting. The silence was soon broken by a knock on the door and its creaking sound. His parents' heads poking in, before entering the room quietly. "She's asleep." He whispered to his parents.

Carrie smiled at the sight of their children. Although she wasn't elated at the thought of her daughter being pregnant, she sure was excited to have a baby again in the house. They both sat by the bed. "Thank you." She mouthed to her 18-year-old for any reason, hugging Mike.