"Whoever did this... Is well aware of the fact that I am the Heir of the Vampire Empire.."

"So we're fucked up?"

"Most probably"

Yibo said shrugging his shoulders.

"You should think of a way to get me out of here before they inform my Father. It'll be a neverending chaos if I'm kept in here"

"Why do you need my help? You could have easily left on your own" Xiao Zhan said raising an eyebrow.

"The higher ups in your agency are involved as well. They've sold you and your people to the hungry vampires"

"...."

"If I leave they'll make sure to put the blame on me and my family. And they'll get rid of all the people they reckon a threat upon themselves"

"That's why Jin Ge was-"

"Hm"

Zhan held his head and closed his eyes for a few seconds.

"Why should I help you?"

"Wh-"

"I believe a certain someone kicked me out of their home and said I'm not allowed to go back"

"I-  really? Right now?"

"Yeah.... Enjoy your stay Mr. Wang"

Xiao Zhan said waving his hand before getting up and leaving. Yibo looked like he just came across the fact that the Earth is actually flat and he toppled over the edge.

He looked up as he heard the door open again. It was Xiao Zhan... He was holding the keys with a mischievous grin adorning his face.

"You!"

"Calm down Mr. Vamp I just wanted to tease you a little"

"Childish"

Zhan shrugged his shoulders and took care of the handcuffs. He was kneeling on the ground beside the vampire. He looked at the bruises around the pale skin and frowned. Weird... He felt a tug, as if a knot was formed in his stomach. He didn't like the brusies on the vampire's wrists. He gently held both his wrists in his hands and looked at them with a slightly pained expression.

He carssed the reddish, purplish bruises and hissed. Yibo on the other hand didn't even flinch. He kept staring down at the human.

"Does it hurt?"

"No" The response immediate.

"Why isn't it healing?"

He said as he looked up. He was clearly upset over the fact that the pale wrists were painted like this. Their eyes were locked as they both looked at each other. The silence in the room was deafening. Xiao Zhan who realised what was happening immediately pulled away with a shocked face. He stood up and turned his back to the vampire.

"I-um uh let's go"

"Hm"

Yibo followed the disturbed officer and suppressed a chuckle. He was actually enjoying how the human panicked.

Zhan mentally slapped himself for acting weirdly. He wasn't even looking ahead when he felt a hand curling around his wrist and pulling him back. He tried to suppress the hiss of pain that left his lips as he turned around to face the vampire but it was too late. The vampire clearly saw the pained look on the officer's face. But when he saw Xiao Zhan looking away, he decided to ignore it.