Chapter Eleven: Switching Positions

En başından başla

"He knows her, he just doesn't remember."

"YOU DON'T GET TO TELL ME WHAT MY SON KNOWS!" He screamed out at me and I took a step back, old habits. He realized my slight movement and his face softened.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"You're not going to tell him about his mother?"

"She-she is not his mother." He said pointing at me.
He has a painful story hidden behind those grey eyes, those grey eyes that turned so dark when he heard the voice of this woman.
A broken man, that's what he was and I was drawn to him, I wanted to be there for him. I stretched my hand out to notify him that I was coming close to him.

He looked at me as I walked slowly and carefully to him. I reached him, I stood there in his presence. I rested my hand lightly on his broad chest, his buttoned up shirt was loose on him.
His heart was thumping so quickly. I started moving my hands upwardly to his perfect face but as I reached his neck he grabbed onto my arm and pulled me closer to him.

I stared into his grey eyes, he stared into mine. His emotions were so hard to read up close. Our breathing was heavy. I wanted to kiss him again, but this time I want it to go further. I want him to explore my body,inside out.

"If you try to figure out who I am, you'll end up hurt." He said after what felt like hours of staring. "Stop snooping." He said through gritted teeth and I just nodded. He let go of my arm and walked out of the room swiftly.

I was left there holding my arm missing the restraint. Who are you Atticus? Should be the leading question in my mind but instead my thoughts race straight to that woman.
That beautiful straight haired woman who you shared those sacred words with.
The phrase 'I love you' is thrown around so commonly it shouldn't be sacred but as a womanizer, the title of one of England's sexiest bachelor who happens to be a father as well, you don't look like the type to throw those words around.

Why did she leave? Why doesn't Alister remember his own mother? Why can't you forget her? Questions were spiraling with the amount I have for you but I can't ask, you made it pretty clear that you don't want me in your business and I get that because I'd hate for you to be in mine; but your world is mesmerizing, you are phenomenally something and I think I'm drawn to you for a reason.

I refuse to let you pull me into the fishing net that the other women are in because unlike them I know what it's like to drown, but why am I so eager to dive into your life? I shut my eyes tightly and pushed all mind boggling questions for Atticus at the back of my head. I didn't need it.

After ten minutes of reckless pacing in the house Atticus finally left. I peeped out to check to see if he was really gone or just slamming doors before I head downstairs.
Alister was eating cereal and watching Finding Nemo, swaying his legs back and forth while listening to Dory sing.

"Hey?" I said sitting next to him.

"Hi!" He said excitedly, high on sugar.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked him pinching his cheeks, it was so addicting, I know he was three but those cheeks were so fluffy, I had fluffy cheeks as a baby.

"I want to go out some place fun!" He said turning to me with his sweet eyes.

"An amusement park?" I asked him and his face lit up.

"Yes! Yes." He said. Oh God, no.no. Why would I request that. I've been living in my perfectly good life and forgot about the old one I led.

"YAY!" Alister said putting the bowl down and jumping. I couldn't back out now.

I whipped out my phone and went to Atticus's name.

"I need money. I'm taking Alister to the amusement park."