Quatre

Y/n's Pov

"Nothing." I told her, while twiddling my thumbs nervously.

"Sure..." She said, looking at me suspiciously.

"Anyway, I ordered for us my favourite breakfast foods. My grandmother always used to cook it for me when I was younger." She said with a little glint in her eyes. She's probably thinking about her childhood, reminiscing about the past. I looked at her in awe. And to think she couldn't get more beautiful, she does.

"What about you? Any foods that remind you of your home?" She asked me, looking interested and snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Uhm...no not really, mostly just boxed mac and cheese when I was younger for breakfast, lunch and dinner." I told her looking down, not really wanting to talk at the moment.

I felt something soft and warm on my otherwise rough and cold hands. I looked up just to see her staring at me. I looked into her eyes, feeling my heart rate speed up exponentially.

"Are you ok with telling me about it? If you're not, that's fine." She said, looking into my eyes with those beautiful brown eyes of hers.

"Oh no, I'm fine with sharing it. I always try to be open about my life. No secrets from me." I said to her with a small smile that started grazing my lips.

"Well, my parents got divorced when I was three. I lived with my mother but she worked 24/7 and was never home. My grandparents died even before I was born and my mother was an only child so I never had any aunts or uncles who could've taken care of me." I told her, looking into those beautiful eyes, feeling mine water up. I cleared my throat before asking her where the toilet was.

She pointed at the direction of where the toilet was. I walked to the toilet, with my head down and my hands in my pocket.

I walked into the toilet and looked into the mirror. I turned on the sink and splashed my face with water. Damn... she makes me blush a lot without me knowing. I look like a goddamn tomato. What is this girl doing to me?

I walked back out and looked at the booth where Hoyeon was at. She was on her phone, using the reflection to fix up her appearance... not like she needs to though. I wonder why she was fixing her appearance though. Was she trying to impress someone?

"Hey, I'm back." I said with a smile, sitting down opposite of her. She gave me a grin, showing her gums. Damn, thats adorable.

"Sorry about leaving to the toilet just now. I just had to clear my thoughts for a bit." I said while scratching the back of my head.

"Oh no it's fine. So you've never had hot meals during your childhood?" She asked while tucking her hair behind both of her ears.

"Well, childhood? Quick answer, No. But I did learn how to cook. I actually wanted to become a chef but I got a camera from one of my friends as a joke and I started to like photography. I guess the joke is on them huh." I told her, smiling softly.

Out of nowhere, plates of food as well as two cups of green tea were placed on the table. It looked delicious. Smelled delicious too. I decided to grab the serving spoon for the rice.

Coincidentally, Hoyeon wanted to get rice as well. Causing our hands to touch. Yes, I know. Those typical love stories where their hands touch and they fall in love. Yada yada yada. But this isn't a love story, well as far as I'm concerned. I quickly pulled away, heat flowing up my cheeks.

"Sorry about that." I said, looking down, embarrassed.

"Oh its ok. You can get the rice first if you want." She said, moving her hand away from the serving spoon.

I decided to do something that I would have never done in a thousand years. I took the serving spoon, grabbed a scoop of rice and put it on her plate as well as on mine. I could feel her stare, it felt like it was burning through my skull. From the corner of my eye, I could see her blush. Or maybe I'm just daydreaming, she couldn't have blushed. Why would she anyway?

"Thanks. You didn't have to do that you know." She smiled at me, tucking her hair behind her ears. I just realised that she does a lot. I wonder why...

"No, I wanted to. Besides, I haven't had a meal with someone for a really long time. Just very busy because of work. You should get it, Ms International Model." I smirked at her. She giggled, scooping up some of the dishes that she ordered, putting some on my plate as well.

"Thanks." I smiled at her, before taking a bite of the food. It was a pleasant surprise if you ask me, it was flavourful and cooked perfectly.

"Good huh?" Hoyeon asked with a smirk on her face, before taking a bite.

"Is it that obvious that I enjoyed it?" I asked her, after fully chewing up my food. Wouldn't want to talk to someone with a mouth filled with food. Especially if the person is as gorgeous as her.

"Yup, your eyes grew bigger and your eyebrows raised up." She said, mimicking my face afterwards, before laughing.

I could hear that laugh all day long...

"I wouldn't, I don't really like hearing my laugh." She pouted. Damn that pout is killing me.

"I said that out loud didn't I? But trust me, you have a really cute laugh. You shouldn't be insecure about it." I smiled at her before taking another bite.

She giggled at my statement, before taking a piece of tissue paper and wiping the side of my mouth with it. I guess she giggled because I had something on my face and not because of my failed attempt at kinda flirting with her. Wait... why am I flirting with her? She has a boyfriend. I'm not that type of girl for god's sake...

"Thanks, that would've been embarrassing if it wasn't just the two of us." I smiled at her, taking another bite. I would hold a conversation with her but the food was so good, I just couldn't do it.

We ate in a comfortable silence. After finishing our food, we went to the counter to pay for the food.

"Here's my half of the pay." I told her, handing her the money

"No"

"What do you mean 'No'?"

"I'm paying." She said with a cheeky smile, before putting my hand down and giving the money to the old woman. We started walking out of the restaurant.

"Bye Grandma!" Hoyeon said, looking back at the old woman, waving with a soft smile.

"So, I have to ask. Is that restaurant a family owned business of yours or?" I asked her

"Yup, my grandparents opened it when I was just a little kid, and I've eaten there ever since." She told me, intertwining our arms, once again.

I looked at the time... oh shit I'm late. I pulled my arm away, with a forced smile on my face.

"Sorry, I just realised that I have to meet up with my friends. I haven't seen them in weeks, I hope that you understand." I apologised to her, before walking away.

However, I wasn't able to go far. She grabbed ahold of my arm and put a piece of paper into my clenched hand.

"Call me." She said, with this semi flirtatious look on her face.

"For uhm... you know. The photoshoot." She added on, with a panic stricken look on her face.

"Yeah totally." I responded, before walking to the opposite direction of where she was walking to.

*time skip*

I finally reached my friend's house. There's a coat hanger right beside his front door, so I decided to put my jac-

Wait. Where's my jacket?

Hoyeon...

Word Count: 1345