Vingt-cinq

Y/n's Pov

"Why would I. It's not like we're in a relationship anyway." I said, putting all the dishes away.

"Right. Just friends." She said with a forced smile.

"It's not like I'll date you anyway." I scoffed.

"What?" She asked softly, her eyes watering up.

"I'm just saying, with you being a model and me being a photographer, it'll never happen." I shrugged.

"How can it never happen? Models need their pictures taken. News flash Ms Y/l/n! Photographers take pictures!" She gritted through her teeth.

"It's not really ideal. Models have to travel the world. Photographers don't." I told the girl.

"So what? If you really love the person, you'll do whatever it takes to make things work!" She shouted at me.

"But what makes you think I love you? We barely know each other! If you think I love you, I'm sorry but I don't and I never will!" I gritted through my teeth.

Her eyes immediately lost all of its sparkle. I realised what I said and I was guilt ridden the moment I processed what I said. I felt something strike me and I realised what happened.

She slapped me. Hard. Tears were streaming down her face as she couldn't contain her emotions.

"Fuck you Y/n." She said and she ran to her room.

I stood there stunned at what happened. I just broke her heart and I got slapped by the woman I loved because I was a pussy for not admitting my feelings all on the same night... great.

"I heard that." Hoyeon's grandfather said.

"I-i'm sorry, I didn't mean any of it. I guess I was just mad at what she said during dinner, but it's still not an excuse." I said, lowering my head.

"I get it."

"You do?"

"Yup." He said, as he sat down, gesturing for me to do the same.

"When I met my wife, I tried my best to keep my feelings for her hidden. But eventually, these feelings just bottled up and I couldn't contain it. I realised that I love her and I can't just forget or bury those feelings." He said.

"Just go talk to her ok... I understand what you're going through. You just met the girl and suddenly you get these feelings you've never felt." He said.

"By the way... don't tell Hoyeon but I know that her relationship with Dong-hwi isn't real." He smiled.

"Wait... how did you know? I thought you said that she's had a crush on him since he first appeared in 'Reply 1988'? You told me that in the restaurant." I asked, completely astonished that he knew about it being a PR Stunt.

"It was obvious, since the day she said that they were "dating". She's never watched that show." He chuckled as he patted my shoulder and left to go to his room.

I can't believe he knew this whole time. Wow, grandfathers are loyal... even if they know something, they won't reveal it because it might affect their grandchildren.

But I guess he is right. I'm just scared of these feelings. I've felt these before but not this intense. It's scary.

I walked up to the room that I assume to be Hoyeon's.