Vingt et un

Y/n's Pov

"What will you do then?" Hoyeon smirked and pouted again shortly after.

"Hmm... are you sure you really want to challenge me, Sugarcube?" I smirked and leaned closer to the model.

"Why are all your nicknames for me from that one Disney Channel show... uhm... 'Miraculous' if I'm not wrong." She chuckled moving closer as well.

"I don't know... maybe it's because we're just friends and those nicknames are for people who are just friends." I winked at her.

"I- uhm..."

"Cat's got your tongue?" I smiled at the girl.

"Oh shut up. What will you do if I don't stop pouting? And don't try to change the subject." She moved even closer, our noses brushing against one another.

I took a deep breath and kissed her on the corner of her mouth which left her stunned. Her face started to turn pink as she looked like she started to get more and more flustered.

"That. I will do that if you don't stop pouting." I moved my face away and took off the glasses she was wearing and put it back on the stand.

"Let's go to some place else. As I said before 'Adventure is out there'!" I said as I pulled her out of the store, our hands intertwined.

"Wow... you really like your cartoons huh?" She giggled, following me, tightening her grip on my hand.

"Yup! I'm a free soul who loves anything and everything that has got to do with animations!" I grinned as we started to walk side by side.

"I can tell." She smiled softly.

"So where are we going to go Y/n?"

"Hmm..." I wondered, stroking my non-existent beard.

"Let's go to wherever the day takes us."

"You have no idea where we are going to go to, right?"

"Yup!" I said popping the 'p'.

"You really are a wildcard huh, Y/n."

"Only for you babe." I winked as we started to walk around the mall once again.

After quite sometime walking in the mall, we started to circle around it. We were obviously tired of trying to find some place interesting.

"You know... I found this one park just circling around Seoul when I first moved here." I told her, breaking the silence.

"What park?"

"It's this park called 'Seonyudo Park'. I hardly see people go there. It's probably a very well kept secret that even people in Seoul doesn't know what it is."

"But how did you find out about it?"

"Honestly?"

"Yes, honestly."

"Well... before I moved here, there was this girl who I fancied a lot. She was different from most girls and I know that's such a typical thing a person says but she really was." I told her as she looked at me intently.

"And when I got the news that I got the job here, I confessed to her before I took the flight here. She rejected me and said that she'll never love someone like me." I said, feeling tears form in my eyes.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that."

"It's fine... but yeah, when I landed here and got my stuff in my house, I decided to go out for a jog, to you know... clear my head."

"That's when I ran everywhere and anywhere. And that's when I saw a secret opening to the park. It's really beautiful. It's kinda the place I like to go to unwind." I told the shorter girl.

"So I guess that her rejecting me was a blessing in disguise." I chuckled, trying to mask the pain.

"Yeah..."

"Anyway, that's enough of my sad love life. Let's go to where no man has gone before!" I said.

"What reference is that from... I don't think I've heard it before.", Hoyeon looked at me trying to figure out what movie or show the line came from.

"Star Trek. It's pretty old so I understand that you don't know about it." I chuckled, putting my hands in my pockets.

"Ok, but before we go to the park. Can we rest for a bit? I'm tired." She pouted. Oh damn her and her insanely cute pout.

"Just jump on my back. I'll carry you there." I smiled.

"What? No! You might get tired."

"Just do it Hoyeon." I rolled my eyes.

"No!"

"Yes!

"No!"

"Yes!

"N-"

I turned around so that her front is facing my back and held her thighs as I lifted her up.

"Y/nnn! Put me down!" She said, dragging my name.

"Nope!" I smiled.

"Humph!" She puffed out.

After a few minutes, she probably figured that I wouldn't be putting her down any second. So, she put her arms around my neck and put her chin on my head.

We walked in silence and sometimes I would look at the girl on my back. The sun was shining, making her eyes twinkle under the sunlight and the wind was blowing, her hair flowing in the direction the wind was blowing.

She's so stunning.

"What are you looking at?" She said cutely when she noticed me looking up at her.

"Nothing." I smiled.

"We're here by the way." I said, as I put her back down.

"Wow..." She said, looking at all the greenery that surrounded us.

"Is that a pond?" She looked at me excitedly.

"Yeah... let's go check it out." I smiled, seeing how excited the girl was.

"Oh my god! There are koi fishes in the pond!" She said, shaking my arm in excitement.

I looked at her in awe. Maybe rejecting her was a bad idea. I know that I want to be friends with her at first so that I know if we would be compatible or not.

But whenever I see her I just think that maybe dating without knowing each other that well would be a good thing.

Relationships always come with surprises anyway. Maybe we can work it out together.

"Oh my god! Those are baby ducklings! They're so adorable!" She squealed out.

"Hey... uhm... Hoyeon I have something to tell you."

"What is it Y/n?" She said with those puppy dog eyes, causing my stomach to be filled up by butterflies.

"I-"

Word Count: 1035