Neuf

Y/n's Pov

"Sam, you go ahead, I have to go take something from the car." I told Samuel. I didn't tell any of them but I may or may not have brought a water gun. Just to spice things up a little you know.

I was walking to the car and took out the water gun. I felt a small craving for some gummy bears so I decided to go to the shop near the beach.

"Hey. Uhm, do y'all have some gummy bears?" I asked the woman at the counter, she looked like she was around my age. She's really pretty as well.

"Yeah. Its near the drinks." She told me, not looking up from her magazine.

"Thanks."

I took a couple of bags of different flavoured gummies, knowing that my friends would steal most of them from me so it's better to be prepared. I put them on the counter for her to scan. She looked up and blushed a little bit. I wonder why...

"T-that'll be five thousand Korean Won." She replied, stuttering slightly, looking a bit dazed. Now, five thousand might seem like a lot, but if it is converted to American Dollars it's not even over the five dollar mark.

I handed the cashier the money and she handed me the bag of gummies with a receipt.

"Oh I don't need a receipt." I told her

"No... uhm... it's not a receipt." The girl told me sheepishly.

I walked out of the store befuddled. I started walking towards my friends, taking out the piece of paper in the process.

"Hey, what you got there?" Lisa asked, she was the first person to see me arrive. Causing everyone to turn and look at me, with the same curiousity I have.

"I don't know... the cashier told me it wasn't a receipt, I've bound to check it yet." I told them, looking down at the paper, about to open it to find out what are the secrets it held. Ok, I'm being too overdramatic.

I opened it up and it had a note it read:

3-264-7788
call me xoxo
-Bae Suzy

"Soo... Y/n what does it say?" Lisa shook me impatiently. I looked up at the others, they were looking at me intently.

"Well, it's the number of the nice cashier from the store I bought these gummy bears from." I said, holding up the bag of gummy bears.

"Ooh! Nice job Y/n!" Samuel smiled, giving me a high five, ruffling my hair excitedly.

"Hey! Watch the hair!" I scolded him, slapping his hand away and fixing my hair after the immense damage he caused.

"Oh. You asked for her number?" Hoyeon gritted through her teeth. I looked at her whole body, seeing her clenching her hands into a fist. She seemed more tense than usual. It was like she was jealous, why would she be jealous though?

"No... that's the thing, I didn't. Don't get me wrong, she's pretty but I'm not really looking for a relationship at the moment. I kinda just wanna focus on my job you know?" I told them.

"That's what I admire about you, Y/n, you don't need a woman to be successful in life because you're independent and doing just fine on your own." Jennie smiled, patting me on the shoulder.

"So you didn't ask for her number?" Hoyeon asked, she seemed more relaxed than just now so that's good.

"Yup." I answered.

"Wait a second, Y/n... is that a water gun?" Samuel asked, looking at the water gun that I held under my armpit.

"Yes." I smirked.

"It's full as well." My smirk grew bigger. Pulling it from under my armpit, shooting them with the water.

"It's not a beach day without Y/n being a bitch. You guys get it?" Lisa rolled her eyes.

"Ha ha ha." I laughed with sarcasm just dripping out of my mouth.

"Ok let's enjoy this beach day before the sun goes down!"

I put down the water gun and picked up Hoyeon, putting her over my shoulder, to drop her in the water.

"Put me down right now Y/n!" She giggled out loud, hitting my back with her fists, it didn't hurt though.

"Nevahhh!" I shouted with the weirdest accent I could possibly make. Causing her to burst out in even more giggles. That's just plain adorable.

I finally reached the line of where the sea meets the land. I walked further into the ocean but not too far to the point where it's so deep that the water is making contact with my shorts. My legs are hella long, so that's kind of an additional advantage.

"Ok, I'll put you down." I smiled.

"No no no, not in the middle of the ocean!" She squealed, hitting my back more vigorously than what she was previously doing.

Ignoring her protest, I put her down slightly into the ocean, but not roughly. I didn't want to do that to her.

I took her off my shoulder and put her infront of me so that she was facing me and I was facing her. She wrapped her legs around my torso and wrapped her arms around my neck, putting her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her as well to ensure that she wouldn't fall.

She picked up her head to face me, her face was burning red, I'm pretty sure mine is too.

"Hey." She said shyly, looking into my eyes.

"Hi." I smiled.

I don't know if it was just my imagination but I swear I saw her eyes flicker down to my lips. She looked dazed

"Let's go back to the shore. I didn't mean to get you so far out in the ocean, it was kind of just in the heat of the moment you know..." I said, feeling equally dazed as her. Our lips almost touching because of our close proximity. It was like we were the only two people in the world and that nobody else mattered.

"Yeah, let's do that." She said shortly before putting her head back into the crook of my neck. I felt her sniff. Did she just smell me? I chuckled internally about the thought.

We went back to the shore with her clinging onto me like a koala bear as our friends watched. Samuel and Lisa were smirking as they fist bumped eachother. Jin-Kyung and Seon were grinning while Jennie was nodding her head knowingly.

"Hey lovebirds." Samuel and Lisa said together, obviously mocking Hoyeon and I.

I put Hoyeon down onto the ground, putting my hands into my pockets. Puffing out my chest slightly, breathing out exasperatedly.

"We're not 'lovebirds' ok? We're just friends, nothing more, nothing less. And us being 'lovebirds' would never happen." I rolled my eyes at them.

"Yeah... just friends. Would never happen huh..." I heard Hoyeon say under her breath, looking down at her feet.

Word Count: 1162