Chapter 19.

Abby's POV

I woke up groggy and disoriented. My sleep was filled with nightmares and constant arousals. I don't think I slept for more than an hour, constantly waking up screaming or crying. I finally got up and stumbled upstairs, exhaustion consuming my body despite the few hours of sleep I did get. I shuffled into my kitchen and saw a note from my dad.

'Abby, left for work I'll be home at 8 I have a youth meeting. Love you mucho. -Dad'

I smiled at the note and went on to making myself a breakfast of cold pizza. I looked at the clock, it was only 8:05. It was also pouring rain, this meant I had to walk through the rain to Brad's house, great. I sighed and continued picking at my low grade breakfast. Once finished I slinked downstairs and plopped myself down on the large sectional and turned on the TV. I was still dressed in my striped Adidas training sweats and Brad's sweater that he gave to me that one day when I my drink spilled all over me. It still smelt like his cologne. I smiled at the memory, but that happiness was replaced with grief as I remembered my circumstances now. Crappy reality shows came on, one after the other. I was somewhat paying attention to the shows that came on but my mind was mostly reviewing the plan I had made to try and confront Bradley.

Bike to his house. Knock on his door. If Bradley answers ask to talk to him. If he remembers you win. If he doesn't leave it be and move on. If you can't move on, rebuild friendship. If Bradley's mum or dad answer the door ask to see Brad. If they say no, walk away. If they say yes. Talk to Brad.

This repeated over and over in my mind. My phone went off, it's alarm displaying it was now 1:30pm. I got up and stretched, the heavy feeling in my stomach growing as I realized I had just wasted away half of my day. I sighed and headed to my bathroom showering and drying my hair. I straightened it and then applied some WATERPROOF mascara. Emphasis on the water proof considering it was pouring at the moment. I threw on a pair of black skinny jeans and a thick white jumper. Along with it I slid on my military jacket and black boots. I stared at my appearance in the mirror, was I ready to confront him? Was I going to chicken out and run away? I couldn't do this. No, I had to do this. And with that I ran upstairs and grabbed my bike from its hiding spot in my garage. I got on and commenced biking through the pouring rain to Brad's house. I thought about what I was going to say and quite frankly I wasn't so sure myself.

The rain soaked through my jacket and my hair was no longer dry either. My jumper was doing a good job at keeping me warm, for now. I biked up to the turn off into Jesperdale and turned. And there stood his house, a Victorian with blue shutters. I stopped at the bottom of his drive. And I stood there for the longest time just looking on to the house. I finally got my feat moving dropping my bike on their front lawn. It didn't look like their vehicles were in the driveway which could mean they aren't home but I walked up to their front door anyways. My hands were shaking and I started to shiver due to the cold rain that had now soaked through my jumper. With one pale white finger I pressed the doorbell hearing the chime from outside the house. Praying to god Brad was the one to answer the door.

•••

Brad's POV

I heard the loud chime of my doorbell ring and I paused my video game, setting down the controller. I stand up and stretch slowly padding to the front door, wondering who was on the other side. I got to my front door and opened it up, only to be face to face with the girl from the hospital room. I didn't know her, so why was she at my house? She was quite pretty but she was soaked to the bone due to the pouring rain. "Can I help you?" I asked eyeing her down. She was very strange, brown hair and soaking wet clothes. I couldn't quite remember her name though.

She hesitated for a moment before replying, "uh, Brad..." She paused taking a breath. From where I was standing I could tell she was shivering. I would've invited her in but I had no idea who she was or how she knew me. "I need to talk to you."