Chapter 2.

Brads POV

"Bradley Will Simpson! Get down here, your breakfast's getting cold!!!" My mum yelled from the downstairs kitchen.

"Coming mum!" The smell of pancakes and bacon was over whelming as I groggily rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I slowly plotted down the stairs into the warmth of the kitchen. I was still dressed in my boxers and t-shirt with my iPhone clutched in my hand.

"Good morning sweetie, your meal's on the table. Did you have a good sleep?" My mum questioned from her spot in the kitchen.

"Morning, it was good mum. Thanks." I mumbled as I lazily started to take bites of the food in front of me. As I ate, I quickly checked my phone. I had 5 new messages; two from James, one from Tristen, one from Madeline and one from Abby. I set down my fork and began typing a reply to Abby's message:

'Morning Brad! I hope you slept well(: Ready for today?'

'Good morning Abby! I slept well(: and I am, I'm excited to see what this town has in store..'

I hit send and then quickly replied to all of my other texts... Except for one, 

'Bradley, I know you moved away and I know I hurt you! But I swear, Nathan kissed me! And I didn't kiss him back! Look, I'm sorry, please give me another chance. I love you. <3'

I completely ignored Madeline's text, but that didn't stop the heavy feeling in the pit of my stomach from coming. I missed her too, but I lived too far away to be with her and she cheated. It was like my dad said, cheaters NEVER make good partners. The thoughts of Maddy were completely swept away when my phone went off, showing a new message from Abby.

'That's good!(: Trust me, this town does have a lot in store... You just need a good imagination. (; lol'

I typed, 'I can believe that(:'

I quickly pressed send and then started to clean up my plate. I bounded up the stairs to my bedroom and shut the door behind me. I glanced at my phone, it was 11:30 that gave me 2 1/2 hours till I had to pick up Abby. I grab my black jeans and red button up t-shirt and slide them on. I quickly fixed my hair and then sprayed on some cologne. Then it occurred to me, why am I getting ready this early? I shook my head and fell back onto my bed, staring up at the ceiling. Abby, I'm so glad I met her. She's beautiful, she's intriguing and funny. I grab my guitar and start to play a few chords. Then a song comes to mind...  

'I fell in love next to you 

Burning fires in this room 

It just fits 

Light and smooth 

Like my feet in my shoes 

Little one, lie with me 

Sew you heart to my sleeve 

We'll stay quiet  

Underneath shooting stars 

If it helps you sleep 

And hold me tight 

Don't let me breathe 

Feeling like 

You won't believe

There's a firefly  

Loose tonight 

Better catch it 

Before it burns this place down 

And I lie 

If I don't feel so right 

But the world looks better 

Through your eyes'

I finish singing the last few verses. I discover, all that was on my mind was... Abby.