Chapter 9.

Abby's POV

I woke up feeling full of energy. My mind was racing with all the events that happened yesterday. I got a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach, was this how it was supposed to be when you loved someone? It felt all too fast, but I didn't want it to slow down. But I also didn't want to end up... pregnant. I shuddered at the idea while I got dressed. I grabbed a pair of black leggings, a white tank top and a light washed denim shirt. I pulled them on and straightened my hair letting it fall to its full length, just past my elbows. I put on the daily quotient of makeup and sighed. I grabbed my tan coloured moccasin flats and ran up the stairs into the kitchen. My Dad was already at work and I was left in the house, alone. I really hated being home alone; my overactive imagination can leave me panicked at times. And I don't even put myself in realistic situations, I usually think there's some sort of demon child stalking me... In my own house.

Glancing outside I notice the gray atmosphere and the rain that had started to drizzle down the window. I let out another sigh; this was going to be an interesting day. I made myself a couple of waffles and some scrambled eggs. As I ate my breakfast I checked my phone, there were two text messages, one from Maddie and one from Brad. The first one, from Maddie read,

'Um, you didn't call me last night... What were you doing? You said you would call. I have stuff to tell you.'

I quickly wrote an apologetic reply saying that I was watching a Twitcam of Brads. I also told her I would call her ASAP, but first I opened my message from Brad.

'Hey, Abby. I really hope you enjoyed my Twitcam last night. Did I sound alright?(; Plus, what are you doing today?'

I smiled as my fingers swiftly flew over the touch screen keyboard,

'Hey(: I really did enjoy it last night! Thank you for dedicating the song to me... And I'm not busy... You should come over! It looks crappy so a think we should watch some movies or something.''

After I replied to Brad I started a FaceTime call with Maddie. It only took a minute before we started to connect. Then Maddie's face popped up on my screen. "Helloooo!" I grinned at her.

"Abbbyyyyyyyyyyy," she screamed, "I miss you so much! I have so much to tell you, but first. Give me the details on Brad!" She exclaimed eagerly.

"Well..." I paused, "Brad is very sweet, he's everything I thought he would be, and more! He's actually quite a romantic guy," I smile to myself.

"He's already romantic and you met him two days ago?" She said with a look of wonder on her face.

"Yeah actually. He's a real sweetie, I'm so sorry I didn't call you yesterday! Brad was holding a Twitcam and he sang Sweet Perfection. He dedicated the song to me too. I was just so caught up with it I totally forgot. I'm so sorry..." I frown a bit. I felt really bad for not calling her; we had vowed never to let boys get in the way of our friendship. I guess this was strike one on my part.

"It's okay, but remember the vow. Boys are just there for our amusement and self confidence boosting," she said the whole sentence with a straight face, but I knew she was joking, that's just how Maddie was.

"Anyways, enough about my boy. What about Chaaaaaaarrliiiiiiieeee," I mock swoon.

Maddie started to giggle and blush. She always told me it was a very rare thing when she fell for a guy. But when she does it usually lasts for a year or so. She's just practical like that. But this boy seemed to make her different, almost as if she had contracted a major case of teenage girl, which was abnormal because she usually has an immune system of steel when it comes to those kinds of things. "Well, should I start with physical appearance?"

"Duh," I say nodding my head a bit and taking a bite of scrambled eggs.

"Okay, so. He has dark brown hair; it's short and curly, it sort of reminds me of Daniel Radcliff's. He is a little bit tanned, but not too dark because that would be gross. And he has the most amazing blue eyes! Oh, and he has freckles. He is also about half a foot taller than me. But I don't mind." She smiles again. I just know she's fallen hard for this boy.

"Alright," I urge her to continue, "now on to personality and key traits." I laugh at the fact we're talking about the boys we like as if they were cars.

She takes a breath and continues, "Well, he sings and acts. That's how I met him, through the performing arts school I'm enrolled in here. It goes over the summer, if you choose to do the summer class that is. He is really sweet and he's probably one of the funniest kids I've met here. We're pretty much best friends he came up from New York because he had to come live with his Grandmother. Something happened to his parents awhile ago. I have absolutely no idea if he likes me back though." She looked a tad disappointed. This had happened before and I could tell she was nervous it wouldn't work out.

"Hey, don't sweat it bro. I bet you he's thinking about you right at this moment and he wishes he was with you holding you close." I give her a reassuring smile and she grins back.

"You think?" She says quietly her gaze once again averted to her hands.

"I know," I grin.

"So, how did you meet Bradley? I still can't believe you have actually met him, never mind made him practically want to marry you. Remember last winter how you were so caught up in your little fantasies and it started to get creepy?" She grinned again and I blushed of embarrassment.

"I've changed I swear!" I say defensively. "Anyways we met at Starbucks a couple days ago..." I begin. For the next hour or so I retell all of the adventures I've had so far. I miss my best friend, a lot. And no boy could ever replace her, no matter how extraordinary he is.