Chapter 3.

Abby's POV

Taylor Swift was blasting in my room as I pranced around getting ready for today. I just finished fishtail braiding my hair and I slid on my white and red jersey shirt along with some ripped jean shorts. I apply some eyeliner and mascara and finish the look with my fedora. I slid on my black lace Toms and checked my phone. I had a new message from Madison,  

'ABBY. I miss you. This place is crazy but I have already made some great new friends. The amount of artsy people there are here is crazy. Call me sometime. Kk?'

I replied, 'Hey. That's great Maddie! I hope you're enjoying yourself. I miss you a lot too. I met a new friend yesterday too. Do you remember the Vamps? We always used to watch them on YouTube. Well, Brad moved here out of all places because of his dads job. He's awesome. (: I will tonight. Pce.'

A heavy feeling in my gut started to grow. I can't believe she was gone. She was my best friend. We did everything together and now she's thousands of kilometers away. If she was still here I bet she'd really like Brad. They'd probably get along too. But now it's just me and Brad. Brad and I, together.

Brad's POV

I pulled up to her house in my beat up blue Chevy, I double checked the address and got out and walked up to her front door. I rang the doorbell once and she came and opened the door stepping out to face me. She looked absolutely stunning. Her brown hair tied back and her green eyes smiling at me.

"Hey there, you ready to go?" I smiled down at her.

"Only if you are!" She replied grinning at me. She then took my hand in hers and we walked off of her front steps together towards my truck. "Nice ride! I can't wait till I get my license I want a Jeep. How old are you again?"

"I'm 17 I'm turning 18 on the 28th. And thank you. I like it, it works for commuting around town." I smiled as I opened her door for her and she climbed in. I walked around to the other side of the truck and got in, sticking the keys in the ignition. I pulled out of her street and onto the Main Road. "So where exactly am I going? I somewhat know where the theatre is but not that frozen yogurt place.." I look over at Abby, she looks so gorgeous, the sun brightening her face to make her look almost as if she were glowing.

"Well, Twisted Yogurt is actually almost right beside the movie theatre, so just drive there and I'll give you further direction," she smiles over at me.

I turn to look at the road again focusing on where I was going. Abby lets out a laugh as One Direction's Live While We're Young comes on the radio. "What's so funny?" I chuckle as I glance over to where she's sitting.

"Oh, this is one of my favorite songs. Me and my best friend used to always sing this song in the most hilarious voices we could manage. It's kind of like an inside joke I guess." She smiles sadly and looks down, continuing, "she moved to Toronto this summer to get out of this town and to explore the arts."

I felt bad for her, her best friend moved away, and she really has no one else. "Well, now it's me and you I guess. I moved away from my best friends, and yours moved away from you... I guess we are each others half in a metaphorical way." I laugh and she joins in. Abby turns up the One Direction and she starts singing along. I was blown away at how talented she was. She hit every note perfectly. "Nice silly voice!" I laugh and wink at her.

She stops singing an looks over at me, "oh! Well Bradley Will Simpson! I find that very offending considering that was my legit voice!" She cries in mock offense an starts to giggle. The rest of the car ride consists of us laughing and making fun of the latest pop hits. Eventually we reach Twisted Yogurt and climb out of the truck and into the air conditioned climate.

Abby bounds over to a counter that is filled with cups of various sizes. "So first you need to pick the size you want! Do you want to share one?" She smiles over at me.

"Let's share one," I smile back at her causing her to blush.

"Alright," she grabs a medium size cup and strides over to the frozen yogurt machines. "Now, there's 4 flavors. Strawberry, lime, coconut and mocha. The two pumps, in the middle, will mix the flavors together. See," she presses down the button between coconut and mocha and out of a separate spigot comes frozen yogurt that is half white and half brown. She stops pushing the button. "It's really cool, do you want to do the rest?"

I nod and take the bowl from her, walking over to the machine and topping it off with strawberry frozen yogurt.

"That looks great, now you can go over there and put on whatever and however many toppings you want," I look where she was pointing and see a whole wall covered in toppings of different kinds, candy, nuts, cereal, and fresh fruit.

"Wow, we didn't have anything like this back in Birmingham!" She just giggled and I filled up our already over flowing cup. I brought it over to the cashier and handed her our treat.

She placed it on a scale and said, "your total is $5.67" she smiled warmly as I handed her my payment. Behind me I heard the doors of the building open.