Chapter 8.

Abby's POV

When I got home that evening my Dad had spaghetti and meat sauce all laid out on the kitchen table. We sat down and commenced eating the lovely dinner. "So what have you been up to today?" My Dad questioned while taking another bite of his food.

"I actually made a new friend yesterday!" I smiled at him from across the table, "that's who I was with today."

"That's great Abby! What's her name?" he asks.

"Actually," I pause, "it's a he. He's really nice, but we're just friends so you don't have to worry." I let out a nervous laugh, hoping that he doesn't freak out about me spending all this time with a boy.

My Dad continues eating, but doesn't speak for a while. "Well, that's good Abby. I'm not so fond of the idea of you spending all of your time with this... boy." He says with a grim look on his face. "I think I would feel a whole lot better about this idea if I met him."

"But Dad! He's just my friend, and you know I wouldn't do anything stupid. I don't think meeting him is really necessary. Plus, I don't want you to scare away the only friend I've made in a long time." I challenge trying to convince my father of not meeting Bradley, at least not yet. Brad seems like the type that would be able to handle meeting my Dad but I would rather it be once me and Brad get to know each other better. It would also help if it was in a more relaxed setting, rather than my Dad insisting on meeting him.

"What's his name?" My Dad asks.

"Bradley, Bradley Simpson," I reply while focusing on the half eaten meatball on my plate.

"Wait a minute, that boy has the same last name as that guy in that one band, The Amps or Vampires or something."

"The Vamps, and yes, I know," I smile to myself.

"Huh, weird coincidence." My Dad snuffed.

"No, it's really not," I reply.

"What do you mean," my Dad eyed me curiously.

"Because that is Brad. I mean, he is Brad. I mean, that Brad, the one from The Vamps, is this Brad. He moved here this summer because of his Dad's job." I look up at my Dad and he's looking at me intently.

"Seriously?" I nod, "Abby, this is like one of those fluffy fiction fanfics or whatever that you write."

"Yeah, I guess so." I chuckle, "anyways, I think I might invite him over tomorrow just to hang out and watch movies or something. So you might get the chance to meet him, but DON'T make it awkward."

"Or what?" His eyes twinkle as he grins at me.

"Or I will have to not make your coffee in the mornings from now on," I smirk at him and start to clear my plate.

"No! Not the coffee!" He mock pleads. I laugh and he joins in and we make jokes while washing the dishes until I headed down to my room.

When I got down into my room I pulled out my phone and read a text from Brad.

'Hey(: Do you have Twitter?'

I quickly replied to the text,

'No, but I'll make one right now(:'

I grabbed my Macbook Air off of my desk and pulled up the Twitter page. I signed up an account with the username i_n_t_r_o_v_e_r_t and quickly got started. First I texted Brad and soon found out his user was TheVampsBrad I followed him and Maddie knowing her Twitter URL by memory. I saw Brad's newest tweet after he had followed me back.

'I'm going to be doing a solo Twitcam at 9 o'clock MST(: xx'

Brad's POV

When I got home that evening I went straight up to my room and to my computer I logged into my old Vamps twitter account and scrolled through my mentions. A lot of the fans were sort of devastated when I left the band and it showed in my mentions. I quickly shot Abby a text,