Chapter 13.

Abby's POV

It had been a couple of days since our escapade with the golf course security. I hadn't really seen Brad since. He said he was busy with his parents going into the city and stuff. So I kept to myself, I made daily trips to Starbucks with my current book in hand, The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Being alone for the past couple of days has given me a lot of time to think, to think about me, and to think about my feelings. I have already sorted a couple of things out; one, I have some sort of feelings towards Bradley, what kind? I have no idea. Two, I am finally over Colton, I hardly ever think about him and I no longer want to be with him. Three, Brad was trying to tell me something at the golf course after he sang to me. He sang Somebody’s Heartbreak by Hunter Hayes and it sounded amazing. Before he mentioned something about meeting me and feeling things he's never felt before. I put it together that after the song he wanted to ask me a question. A question that would change the way we look at each other. I knew what he wanted but I had no clue what I wanted. Did I really want to take our relationship to the next level? A very dangerous level that potentially could ruin a friendship. But not all things turned out bad, did they? My previous relationship had left me crushed and I wasn't ready to experience that again. I was scared to move into another position of vulnerability. Brad was someone I trusted. But I still felt like I needed to get to know him better. But I didn't want to break his heart and lose my chance with him. If I told him no now, would there be another opportunity to say yes? I love him, but I don't think I love him in a way where I could be everything he needed. I wasn't ready to take on that level of responsibility. Relationships are hard work, and it won't work unless both parts are willing to put in an effort. Would Brad and I be able to do that? 

Brad's POV

It had been two days since I had regrettably not asked Abby. I tried, but a rude interruption by the golf course security quickly delayed that plan. I was a tad embarrassed about the whole situation actually. Why hadn't I tried to ask her after, when we were alone together? I felt like a coward and now, I was trying to rebuild my confidence as I avoided Abby. I made up excuses not to see her because I felt like it would be awkward. I couldn't just ask her as soon as I saw her next time. It was no marriage proposal, so why was I treating it as one? It was just a girl and I was just a boy. Boys do this all the time, and so could I. There shouldn't be anything intimidating about this whole situation. I had finally met her dad and she had met my parents, we were all set to become more then "just friends". So why was I so scared to ask? I think I might be scared of rejection, but it seemed like she felt they way I did. Yet again, I could be wrong, was she just being nice?

Abby’s POV

I headed out to Starbucks for the third time in the past couple of days. Once arriving at my destination I ordered a mixed fruit iced drink and sat down at a table, putting in my headphones and pulling out my book. I commenced reading and sipping on my beverage when I felt a pair of hands clamp down on my shoulders. I quickly spun around in my seat, knocking over my drink and spilling it all over myself and my book. I met the eyes of the boy behind me. He looked familiar but I pulled out of his grasp just in case. I looked down at my soiled tan shorts, white tank top and plaid shirt combo. “Well that’s just great,” I mumbled to myself. I looked up again and there was now another boy standing behind the one that had just made me spill my drink. They were both blonde and around the same height, one had a small smile plastered on my face while the other gave the first boy heck for scaring me like that, he had quite the most amazing cheekbones. Wait, what am I thinking? Shaking my head at my weird thought, I cleared my throat to attempt at making them notice I was still standing right there.

The two boys turned their gaze towards me again and the first spoke up with a British accent, “I’m really sorry about your drink, love. Would it be better if I bought another for you?” He gave me a quick smile which I returned with a blank expression.

“No thank you, love. I best be on my way.” I started to gather my things to leave when I saw Bradley walk out of the bathrooms. He looked from the boys to me and then back to the boys. His expression went from calm, to stunned, to a tad flustered. He took quick strides over to where I and the two boys were standing.  

“What happened?” He questioned eyeing us.

Boy number 2 spoke up first, “James thought it would be okay if he scared Abby. But she knocked over her drink when he did and now she looks like a walking fruit drink.” He snickered. I shot him an irritated glare and he stood up a bit straighter and stopped giggling like a little girl.

Boy two piped up, “I really am sorry Brad I didn’t mean to do this to your girl. I thought it would be funny!” he smiled at me and I looked back at Brad again, not paying any notice to the apologetic boy.

“I told you guys not to approach her until I was out of the loo. And when I come out this happens. I’m really sorry Abby.” He looked over at me.

“It’s alright. These two don’t seem like that much of a threat.” I shoot them a quick smile for the first time since us meeting and they smile back.

“Well, in case you didn’t know this is James,” he gestures to boy number one and he smiles and waves I give him a quick hi. “And this is Tristan, but you can just call him Tris.” I wave a little at Tris, but instead of waving back he walks up to me and wraps me up in a big bear hug. I struggle a bit but once I realize there’s no hope of getting out of his embrace I hug him back lightly. He pulls away and I quickly step back to my place beside Brad.

Tristan looks down at his once white v neck tee and groans, “Man! Now I look like her twin.” James, Brad and I laugh as Tristan tries to wipe the fruit juice off of his shirt.

Brad looks over at me, “do you need a ride home?” I smile and nod, “alright, boys get in the truck we need to drive Abby home.”

They both nod and begin to walk out of the Starbucks cafe. I grab my belongings and tag along beside Brad. We get to the truck and he pulls off his sweater and hands it to me, “Brad, I’m alright.” I smile.

But he insists, “I don’t want you to get ill, put it on.” I sigh and take the blue hoodie, putting it on despite the plus 20 weather. We all get into the vehicle and we head in the direction of my house. Little did I know, James and Tristan thought the definition of dropping someone off at their house meant intruding in on their home and drowning it in havoc.