43

"I really didn't expect Art can be like that," Ms. Melissa was very angry. Disappointment and regret came over each other. The diamond that she thought all this time was apparently just glass that had no price at all.

Kao has only been leaning on the sofa ever since. He himself does not believe on what just happen. So far Art is just pretending. He felt genuinely regret. That's why lately Art attitude is very different, apparently that's his real self.

"I thought he was a good man, who could be made as son -in -law, apparently he stabbed us from behind. I'm really regret!" Add Ms. Melissa again.

Kao feeling is completely ruined.

"After this, I don't want you to be friends with Art anymore. I thought he's a good man, I didn't think he was very rude. All this time we thought Gulf was the bad one, apparently Art is more. He is like a thorn in the flesh!" Mr. Albert said firmly.

Kao went to his room carrying his broken heart. Laying staring at the ceiling while looking for what was wrong until he was punished like that. Since last night, he looked at himself and asked himself what was wrong and what went wrong all this time.

Yes, he just realized. He once hurt Gulf's heart. Maybe this is the answer. And indeed, the retribution he received was very painful.

Kao also didn't think, apparently Art changes was only because of a man named Mew. Kao knows Art have feelings towards Mew. Why was he not aware of all that from the very beginning? Only Gulf is to blame. The one who was scolded was also Gulf. Why isn't he notice from the very beginning Art has changed just because of the rich man!

But it doesn't matter, this time Art will not succeed in taking away Gulf rights. Kao knew that the man named Mew was not like himself who was very weak. Easily seduced by persuasion and sweet words.

***

Gulf saw Ms. Melissa watering the flowers. Somehow Gulf's anger towards Ms. Melissa still hasn't subsided. Remembering what she had said to him before, made Gulf lose his respect for the woman.

"Ms. Melissa, can you please advise your future son -in -law to behave? Don't do embarrassing things. You are an expert in giving advice to people!" Gulf was sarcastic, cynical.

"Why should I advise him?" Ms. Melissa asked angrily. Know Gulf deliberately tried to hurt her.

"Isn't he the son -in -law of your choice? The people are courteous, polite and good at taking care of people's hearts," said Gulf again with a laugh.

Ms. Melissa just stared sharply.

"Not like me, rude, talkative, stubborn, always sulking. In short, I'm so bad!"

"You don't have to said like that to hurt me anymore. I realize I made the wrong choice!"

"Oh! Are you the only one who is hurt? Have you ever thought of my feelings? You told my papa to marry again, then you cursed me. You think I'm not hurt?" Gulf asked.

"I admit, I was wrong for saying nonsense about you, but don't have to add my heartache anymore! I have received the reply!" Angry Ms. Melissa.

"I'm not only angry about that," Gulf said slowly, looking at Ms. Melissa's face.

"Gulf is very upset because all this time my love for you, you don't appreciate it. I love you very much. I already consider you as my own mother, but apparently my love is not worth it to you. No value at all. I didn't think all this time you were just taking care of my heart and feelings. There is no love at all. That's what I regret so much!"

Ms. Melissa paused. Missing reason to speak for a while.

"But it's okay. If you really don't like and hate me so much, I accept. Maybe that's my fate. But believe me, all this time my love for you and your family is sincere. Although I am bad, but my love is sincere. It's not a deception like your love for me..." said Gulf while leaving Ms. Melissa alone.

Ms. Melissa's eyes became sore. There was a sense of resentment that lingered in her mind. Gulf's words really touched her. Why did she as someone older than Gulf not show admirable attitudes? Why did she, as a parent, not show an exemplary attitude? Instead exhibit a bad attitude. Ms. Melissa feels too regret.

He just watched Gulf glimpse who had disappeared in his house with a melancholy feeling. Why is she so blind about all this...?

"Mom, why?" Kao asked what when he saw Ms. Melissa crying. Quickly Ms. Melissa wiped away the tears.

"Nothing, my eyes are covered in dust!" Ms. Melissa tried to make excuse. Didn't want his son to know how he felt.

"Enough already. That reason can no longer be used. I saw you talking to Gulf earlier. You don't have to hide anything." Kao said with a sigh.

"So, if you already know why ask!" Angry Ms. Melissa.

"There's nothing we have to regret now, mom. It's too late. Maybe this is the answer we need to receive because we made Gulf like that first!

Ms. Melissa approached Kao and sat next to her child.

"I really feel regret right now. I didn't think Art's behavior was so bad. I thought he was the best. The worthiest for you to be a wife... but he is the evilest..." Ms. Melissa said sadly.

"But luckily, we saw the truth before me, and him got married. Otherwise, the situation will be even worse," said Kao, more to persuade himself. But until then, he still did not stop blaming himself for not seeing any truth at all. How weak he is.

Kao stood towards his car. Where he was going to take the wounded heart, Kao himself did not know.

"Kao, wait a minute!" Art called.

As soon as she saw Art, Ms. Melissa got up and went into the house. If possible, she doesn't want to see Art face. Her hatred was growing.

"What else do you want?" angry Kao.

"We need to talk!" said Art.

"There's nothing we want to talk about!"

"Just a moment...! Please..." Art begging.

***

Kao looked towards the football field in front of him with a blank stare.

"I'm sorry..." said Art slowly.

Kao just froze. His heart ached to hear that apology. He will not be able to heal the wounds in his heart.

"It's not my intention to play on your heart because all this time I only consider you as a friend. Nothing more than that!" Said Art again.

"But why are you telling me now? Why didn't you come to your senses to be honest before? I will not be putting my hope in you!" Kao was stunned to hear what Art said.

"It's not that I don't want to tell you, I'm just worried you'll get hurt!" Art of self -defense.

"But what's the difference between you telling earlier and you telling now? My heart still hurts, right?"

Art made a sigh. Don't want Kao to suspect anything.

"Maybe all this time I didn't know that you only thought of me as a friend. I really don't know. I think you like me too!"

"That's my fault for keeping up. But you still have Gulf. I believe, Gulf still loves you and you once loved him!" Art tried to incite Kao anyway. Who knew he would succeed?

"He's happy enough now. His boyfriend loves him very much."

"But that doesn't mean you can just let Gulf go. You have to do something to win Gulf's back. Seriously Art is inciting.

"Not at all. I will not disturb his happiness. He has already found someone who can make his happy." Kao insisted on his decision. Let Gulf with his choice because the man deserves to reap the happiness that has been snatched several times by cruel hands.

"You can't give up easily, Kao. You don't want to let Gulf fall into someone else's hands like that! Will you?" Incitement of Art constantly. He needs to win this time after several attempts only to meet with failure.

"Enough Art. Don't mention that again!" Kao was really firm with his decision that had been made.

Art is silent. Although he did not succeed in persuading Kao, at least he and Kao can still be friends. Looks like he's ready to forgive him.

Art feels very happy because once again he managed to fool Kao.