Chapter Seventy Two

Start from the beginning

Mr Blackbournes lips curve up into a small smile and I feel my own lips mirroring his. "She is the heart of us now."

I focus my eyes back on Sang and nod my head, agreeing with him. "That she is."

"Thank you for sharing that with me, Kota. Out of everyone, you and Nathan have been the ones I've been worrying about the most."

At the mention of Nathan's name, I search him out. He's drinking a bottle of water after doing some sit ups while Corey counts them for him. He's sweaty, his cheeks are flushed and his shoulders are starting to turn pink from the sun. I should tell him to put on some sun lotion. "Me and Nate, we always think the bad before the good. And if he were standing here right now he would agree with everything I've just said."

"And that's something I do believe." Mr Blackbourne turns to walk away but pauses. "Kota, is this relationship something you're willing to share with your Mother?"

I imagine the conversation in my head, imagine her confusion. It's not something that would probably go down well, but if this relationship does bloom into something so much more than what it is now, then yes, it is something I will share with my Mom eventually. "Yes, one day, but not yet."

"That's all I needed to know."

And with that, Mr Blackbourne turns and walks away. I focus my eyes back on Sang just as Victor places his lips on hers.

I wonder now if I'll get a kiss from her just like that.

xXx

We're back at the Cabin after Victor and Sang had their photos done. It's my turn next and Gabriel is currently fussy with Sang's hair, doing some kind of braid that comes over her shoulder. We're having our photos taken in the family room. The TV is on with the Xbox loading Need For Speed. Gabriel has fluffed the pillows and laid out a throw blanket, setting the scene.

I'm excited. I'm a little nervous too. But I'm excited to be close to Sang, to have these twenty minutes of just us. Of course, there will be an audience most likely, but she'll be there, in the moment with me, like she has been with the others so far.

I'm wearing a pair of jeans that are worn, ripped and most definitely not mine. I don't own jeans like this but when I asked Gabe who jeans they were, he just said that they were mine now. Maybe it's one of the many items he purchased a couple of days ago. With the jeans, I'm wearing a button down long sleeved shirt, the sleeves rolled up to that space between my wrist and elbow. It's also undone my chest bare. I'm barefoot.

I sit down on the couch, seeing the camera on the coffee table. I pick it up and turn it on, pressing the button I've seen Gabe press when he wants to look through the photos. Someone's arm nudges mine as they sit down next to me and I glance over, finding Nate. Together, we sit and flick through the pictures, a smile on my face. Sang is gorgeous, absolutely stunning. In some of them, she's looking right at the camera, and you can see the emotions she's feeling in her eyes, frozen in time.

It makes me ache, wanting to get our own pictures done so I can see the emotions on her face when we look back at the pictures, our pictures.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I almost dropped the camera at Gabe's shout.

I give him a sheepish smile, turning the camera off before lifting my eyes to this. "Sorry."