chapter 19

Recap :

Did Mom know I was taken? I should try to escape. I can't stay here. When I was thinking of a plan to escape, the door opened, and a guard came inside with a plate of food and water. He kept it down and pushed it towards me. I didn't eat it. He closed the door and went out. I am still in bed thinking about my future. I don't want to eat anything. I just felt so weak. I just can't do anything about my future. I just have to wait until Leo comes.

Mrs Knight's POV:
(Amelia's mom)

When Leonardo told me that my daughter was kidnapped, I was so angry at him that I forgot that he is a mafia leader and started shouting at him. I took out all my anger on him, and I cut the phone cord. Now I need to find out where my daughter is before she gets harmed. I have to find her before Leonadro. I saw the way he looks at her, and I understand what his intentions are for my daughter. I don't want that to happen because he is a dangerous man. I took out the police records of the most secured buildings in Italy. Obviously, if they took my daughter to get something from Leo, they must have kept her in a secure place. I checked the list. But some of them caught my eye. So I investigated them further. I finalised two buildings. If Amelia's not in them, then I have to check the next suspected building. I filed a case saying that my daughter was missing so that I could get help from my department. It took me two days to get this information.

I and my fellow officers are ready to get inside this house. I took a deep breath and said "Officers, come on, let's do this". We all went inside the house. There are lots of people inside.

We started capturing people there. I went upstairs to check all the rooms. I pray to God that my daughter should be in one of the rooms. I opened the door of the first room. I saw no one inside. I started checking all the rooms. In one room, there are drugs. What the hell are these people doing? They heard our gunshots and came down, leaving all this stuff here.

I closed that door. My people can seize this stuff. I checked all the rooms but had no clue about Amelia. I felt so upset. On my way downstairs, I heard the sound of something hitting the floor. Then my microphone
started beeping. I answered it. "Hello, Mrs Knight speaking, what's the problem there?".

" Excuse me Mam I am Steven, here there some armed men". Steven is my friend; he is also on this mission. He is capturing people downstairs while I am searching for Amelia.

"Yes, Steven, I am coming."
I went down, and I met the person I never want to see again.

It's Leonadro standing there. I wonder why he is here.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"The same reason you are," he said.

"She is not here," I said. Then it clicked. The sound I heard before. Someone is up there. I ran upstairs. I checked the room where the sound came from. There is a broken vase. But no signs of any people here. Leonardo came upstairs behind me. We checked all the rooms again. Then, out of nowhere, a redheaded man came with a gun pointing at Amelia's head. Leo and I became alert. Amelia saw me.

She is on the verge of crying. I took a step towards her. Then the redheaded man started speaking.

"One more step towards me, and Amelia's head will be filled with a bullet," he said with a thick Russian accent.

"Brandon, leave her; this is between us," Leonardo said.

I know somehow Leonardo is related to my daughter's kidnapping.

"This is between you both; now leave my daughter out of this mess," I said.

"Leo, you know what I need; give it to me, and I will leave Amelia," said that man, Brandon.

"I won't hand it over to a stupid person like you." "It's my legacy," Leo said.

"Then this precious girl here is going to die," said Brandon.

Even though Amelia is a pampered kid because she is the sheriff's daughter, I taught her some defence skills. I looked towards her and nodded my head, signalling for her to kick the gun out of Brandon's hand. She kicked it. Brandon's gun fell down. It all happened in very slow motion. Brandon's gun is falling down. Amelia is running towards me. Leonardo, who is behind me, is getting ready to shoot Brandon. Brandon realises the gun is no longer in his hands. Brandon is searching for the gun. Amelia came and hugged me tightly. Due to the sudden force, I moved sideways. The firing of the gun by Leonardo

Leo's POV:

It's our third day on this mission to find Amelia. We are now wearing our armour, and we are ready to get into this third warehouse. We enter from the back door since there will be more security if we enter from the front one. I ordered my men to go in different directions. Apart from the two warehouses we slaughtered before, this one is pretty quiet. I went to the main hall with a few of my men. I saw police along with Brandon's men chained. Oh, I think Sheriff Knight might have reached here before I did. One man is saying something in his microphone. Then Sheriff Knight came downstairs. She saw me, and she was shocked. She said that Amelia was there. Then Sheriff Knight ran upstairs. I went behind her. She went into a room. There is a broken vase. Then suddenly Brandon came out of nowhere with Amelia at his gun's point. He was demanding my Mafia. I can't give it It's my legacy. My father sacrificed his life for it; I can't lose Amelia, and I can't lose my mafia. I can't give it to a fool like Brandon. When I was about to make a decision, Amelia kicked the gun out of Brandon's hand. She ran towards her mother. I was about to pull the trigger to shoot Brandon. Amelia came and held her head tightly. She and her mom jerked sidewards. I pulled the trigger.

Hello, lovelies 💓 How are you? Sorry that I updated so late. It's been 5 days since my last update, so I'm sorry for that. What do you think about this chapter? I got tangled in stranger things, which is the reason for the late update. Do you watch Stranger Things? Millie Bobby Brown is so cute, so thanks for reading, guys. Your comments make me happy.