chapter 1

Hi! I am Amelia Knight, a friendly, joyful, full-of-life girl. I love my mom to the moon and back. My father passed away when I was very young. But my mother took care of me her whole life.

We live in Italy. My mom is the sheriff of this city. I am so proud of her. I'm 17 and will be 18 soon. I'm still in the hell called the school but I will graduate in a few months. I am a typical nerd, and most of my classmates are not close to me. No one really wants to be my friend, and I am not sad about it because I enjoy my own company. My only friend is Anthena Showers. We met in a park when we were 3. From then on, we were inseparable. No one bullies me in school.

I am currently in our living room waiting for my mom to show up. We are going shopping. Today my mom has some free time, so she decided to spend it with me. There is a new mall in the city, so why not?

We live in Rome. It's so peaceful here. But this Italian mafia is creating a lot of nuisance, so as the sheriff of this city, my mom is quite busy. I have never seen people from the mafia, but I think my mom has. I played some songs on the radio. I and my mom started humming the songs soon after we reached the mall. We were awestruck by the beauty.

It is the biggest one in the whole of Rome and has been built recently. By the looks of it, it can accommodate the whole population of Rome. We stepped inside the mall. 

"Wow, I am so excited, mom". 

"Yes, me too, "said my mom, looking at the amazing six-story building in front of us. At first, there was an amazingly huge chocolate fountain, and you know how much I love chocolate.

After having chocolate, we went to check out a few stores. This mall is so huge that it would take me a whole two days to visit every store. We checked a few stores, but I didn't buy anything. My mom excused herself to use the restroom. Then I went into a jewelry store, where I saw a gorgeous diamond necklace. It's Tiffany & Co.'s diamond necklace. I knew I couldn't afford this. I just admired the necklace and went out of the store. Then I caught up with my mom, and we went to a few other stores, where I bought some floral dresses, crop tops, leather jackets, and all that.

It's lunchtime, so I and my mom are hungry, and we decided to eat junk food for lunch today at Mc Donald's. When we were having lunch, my mom got a call saying that she was needed immediately.

She shot me an apologetic glance, and I said, "It's ok, mom. You go and take care of that. I will spend some time, and I will go home by evening ".

She said, "Will you be ok on your own? I can drop you off at home if you need. " 

I said, "No, it's fine. I will be ok."

She said, "Take a cab and be safe." And she was gone.

I didn't have any interest in staying here. But I need to look at that necklace one more time. Then I will be gone. So I finished my lunch and started walking towards that store. I went inside the store, and I admired the necklace. Then some people passed by. I looked at them. One of them was wearing a white t-shirt and black jeans with a leather jacket. He is good-looking, maybe in his early 20s. He is quite muscular. Beside him, there is another man. Words can't express how good he is looking. He is wearing a three-piece suit. Who the hell wears a three-piece suit for shopping? He is not interested in coming here. It is written on his face. He is looking like a Greek god. He is very tall, maybe 6'1 or above. He is in his mid-20s. His jaw is so sharp that it can cut a piece of paper. He is very muscular. I think the time he spent in the gym has paid off.

Then he looked at me. I am so nervous under his stare. I have really poor flirting skills. I don't even know how to talk to a boy. I didn't have a boyfriend for 17 years of my life. He maintained eye contact for 5 seconds and then walked away. WEIRD