chapter 11

Recap:

" I will go back to my house after talking to her when she wakes up. I promise I won't disturb you again, and I will wait in the lobby. Call me when she wakes up. One more thing, don't send this jerk."

She said this by pointing a finger at Luca. She said that she went outside the room, and I was awestruck by her words. Actually, I was wondering if Amelia would accept me. I have to get close to her. And I was wondering what Luca did. I was about to ask him what he did when the hand I was holding moved a bit...

Amelia's POV:

After I had my breakfast, I went to my room to read a book. It's been two days since I came here; it's so boring here.He is very bipolar. Sometimes he is very caring; he makes pancakes for me; he treats my bruise; and sometimes he just shouts at me. Today after breakfast, I just asked him if I could go back since I have to continue school. Then the switch flipped, and he became so angry.

When I was thinking about Leo, I felt something burning in my stomach. The pain is so high. I couldn't help but scream, and then I fell unconscious.

After a few hours

I woke up to the beep of machines. I feel someone's hand in mine. I held it for some time. I opened my eyes to see Leo beside me. He is holding my hand, and he is looking right at me.

When I woke up, he bought me a glass of water. He does not give it to my hand; he lets me drink it from his hand.

I asked, "What happened to me?" He looked at me with guilt pouring out of his eyes. Is it his fault that I am here? No, it couldn't be. Because I know he couldn't hurt me. I can see it in his eyes! But at the same time, this is all because of him. 

He didn't reply. He went out of the hospital room. I was looking at the door expectantly when I saw a person I thought I could never see again. It's my best friend, Anthena. I was not in a position to stand up, but I tried to She came to me and gave me a big hug. I was crying so hard. I hugged her, and I didn't leave her. I don't want this moment to end with her. I was just a huge crying mess. I asked her what happened to me. But she did not give me an answer. I asked her how she had been the past few days, and she told me that my mom misses me. At the mention of my mom, I cried. I miss her so much that I can't describe how much I miss her. I have been so busy these past few days that I didn't think of my mom. Now I have to demand that Leo take me to my mom. Even though it's only for a moment, I have to go to her. If you ask Leo, I know he won't accept. He doesn't even talk to me in a normal way like a normal person. He always yells at me for very small things, and I got an amazing idea.

I asked, "Hey Anthena, you're my best friend, right?" "Ok, now what do you need?" she said. "Umm, I need a favor," I asked. "Okay, this seems sketchy. What do you need?" she replied. "Umm, I need to see my mom." "Oh, ask Leo," she said in a duh tone.

"Actually, if I ask Leo, he will surely reject my wish." "Okay, so what do we do?" "Shall we sneak out?" I asked with my puppy-dog eyes. "Leo is going to kill me!" "Okay, but since when do you know him?" Anthena said 

"Actually, I know him from a few minutes ago when he was talking to you while you were sleeping, about how.." suddenly a knock sounded when Anthena was about to say something. There is Luca standing in all his glory. "May I come in?" he asked. "NO," said Anthena. "Uh-oh, Anthena, don't be rude. You can come in, Luca," I said. "I will see you later," said Anthena, and she walked out of the room. Something is happening between them, and I will know it later. "Hi Luca. How are you?". "Last time I checked, you were hospitalized," he said.I smiled at him. Unlike Leo, Luca can light up any kind of situation with his humor. "I am fine now; what happened to me?" I asked him. "Umm, it's not my part to tell ask Leo," he said. "You know that he won't reply to me, right ". I asked Luca. "Hmm, I don't think he wouldn't reply to you after the scene that had happened before?" Luca said.  "What happened before?" "Actually, while you are in the unconscious stage, Leo..."Then here we go again: a knock sounded, and there stood Leo.I asked Luca, "Can you please finish it?" "No Amelia I don't think someone will let me finish it," he said, looking towards Leo. Luca walked out of the room, waving at me. Now I am left alone with the devil in the hospital.

Leo's POV:

I went outside the hospital room as soon as Amelia asked me why she was in the hospital. I couldn't reply to her, as I was the reason she was here. If I didn't bring her to the mansion, then she would not be a target for Brandon. I won't forgive Brandon for this. She was crying inside, seeing her friend Anthena after such a long time. She misses her so much. That is because of me. They are saying something. Luca went inside the hospital room immediately, and Anthena came out of the room. I wonder why she slapped him before. She came out of the room and sat beside me. I asked her "What did she say?" She gave me a smile and said, "She wanted to see her mom." "Hmm," I said, but I am not sure whether to send her or not. If I sent her, then her mother would also be targeted. During this time, I mostly sat there silently. I went inside the hospital room, and I saw Luca talking to Amelia. I knocked on the door when Amelia whispered something to Luca, and Luca was going outside the hospital room. That's when he gave me a wink, idiot. I went near Amelia and asked her. "How do you feel now?" "Oh, I see you care about me, Mr. Leonadro; do you remember me now?" "Amelia, don't irritate me; are you feeling fine?" "I am in the hospital, and you get angry. I am on a pathetic stage, and you shout at me. Actually, I am the one who has to get angry, because I am in this situation because of you. You always put me in a position where I have to suffer because of you, where I have to leave my family because of you." I am so angry now. "STOP IT, Amelia!" I yelled at her. She is silent. I am silent. We are not talking about anything. I broke the silence first: "We have to get you discharged." Amelia said, "I am not coming to your home again!" "Amelia, you are testing my patience here. You know I am a person who gets angry easily. Yet you choose to disbelieve me. All I am doing here is trying to help you." By saying that, I walked out of the room. I waited for an hour or two outside the room. Then Amelia came out. 

"Come with me." I said that and started walking. We went inside the car. I got her a gift to lighten up her mood. I gave it to her.

"This for you. You can use it as you wish". She didn't even say thank you. But it's fine; she is angry with me, and I understand that because I am the one who got her in that hospital in the first place.