Chapter 18: BREW'S TEMPEST - A FIGHT AND ESCAPE IN TEN MINUTES?

Start from the beginning

Ann: this guy's not going down easily.

Cole: not to mention we're running out of time.

Soul: everyone, listen to me!

Team: ?

Soul: I'm gonna transmit the team's wavelengths through sound.

Maka: through sound? What does that mean? You can do that, Soul?

Soul: yeah. At some point while we were practicing dual arts in retaliation class, I realized I could. It's because everyone's wavelengths come to me through you, Maka. Yet another by-product of your incredible soul perception ability.

Tsubaki: but how will you transmit them to us?

Soul: I'll play the piano in my soul. And the sound will be transmitted directly into your souls.

Everyone was shocked by this, but soon began laughing.

Soul: what? What's so funny?

Maka: you know... We've been racking our brains for a while on trying to figure out how to get you to play piano for us even though you don't want to.

Ann: yeah. Maka told me about that in her letters, so I've been curious about it since.

Blackstar: but don't let it go to your head, bro.

Kid: and it's a shame we won't be able to listen to our hearts' content. Because we only have five minutes left in the magnetic field.

Tsubaki: so, please play for us, Soul

Cole: give us a marvelous show!

Liz: we've been looking forward to this!

Patty: yeah!

In his mind, Soul enters the room his demon was talking about. He changed as he was now in the same suit he wore on the night of the dance.

Demon: how's it feel?

Soul: (smiles and straightens his lapel) it's a good crowd tonight. But I don't know about this room, though.

A spotlight appears, and a piano was in place.

Demon: don't worry... I took the liberty of tunning it.

Soul: is that so.

He approaches it, and sits in the seat. The demon still had his grin and his fingers in his mouth as he was anxious for Soul to play.

Demon: play. Play, Soul... You can't go your whole life looking at the world through jaded eyes.

Mosquito charges in to attack.

Demon: so you want to live "cool"? Don't make me laugh. I'm not buying your bullshit. You very blood boils with passion, doesn't it? So play. The piano is right here. Stop acting so detached. Looking at the world like you're not a part of it. Who do you think you are, you arrogant fool? Your soul is rotting out under you. Just take a look. Your soul is not moving. You'll never get anywhere that way. Haven't you had enough of not living? Enjoy your life. Go on. Looking at the world through those sarcastic eyes, like you're so much better than everyone. But it doesn't make you happy. It doesn't bring you joy. I think what it brings you is sadness. Your soul is crying you know. Now play... play! Try diving into the deep end for a change. That's right!! Play!! Now is the time!! Do it!! Play!! PLAY!!!

He finally gives in, and with a twisted grin, Soul plays the piano. As soon as he touches the keys, black electricity sparks all around him. With the team, all of them felt the sudden surge of power, and before Mosquito could strike them, all dodged, and began hitting him at a rapid pace with their attacks.