Chapter 37

"Honoka-san, are you sure you guys can do it?"

"I'm one hundred percent sure!" Our leader gave a thumbs up.

"Alright..." Kotori's mom, the principal, approved. "I'll slot you all for one o'clock at the freshmen reception."

Three days before the competition, Honoka happily agreed to hold another concert for incoming freshmen...

Which was also the final day of Love Live...

At the time, we didn't think much of it, it was the least we could do for our school.

And to be honest, I think everyone believed we would have performed at the Akiba Dome by then.

But apparently Kotori was not our good luck charm.

"WE GOT LAST?!" Nico yelled. "WHAT ARE EVEN THE ODDS OF GETTING LAST?!"

"The same chance as getting any other number." Maki rolled her eyes, clearly not amused.

"What time is the freshmen ceremony again Honoka?" Umi asked, being the quickest to comprehend the situation.

"U-um... I forgot." She shrugged.

Just before Umi was going to assassinate Honoka, Kotori stepped up. "I'm pretty sure it's at three in the afternoon."

I stood there trying to think of the time it would be before we took stage, then us grabbing a train and hurrying back to school, to sing for a bunch of freshmen.

"We could just skip the freshmen whatever thing." I offered.

"Although that's a tempting offer, since we've already committed there's no turning back." Eli leaned against the wall.

"If only we didn't draw last nya..." Rin rested her head on Hanayo's shoulder.

Kotori's face changed, "I-I'm sorry everyone..."

Everybody immediately realized what was happening, myself included.

"No no no!" We all put our hands up. "It's not your fault, you're not the one to blame."

"But-"

We all continued to shake our heads vigorously. Kotori was already feeling bad that her injury caused them to perform as just eight, the last thing she needed was the guilt of causing more stress to the team.

"It's fine Kotori-chan!" Honoka cheered her up.

"What are we going to do? Are we just going to wait around and watch the other groups go?" I asked.

"We'll watch a lot of the groups go, after all we're not just here to perform." Eli nodded.

"We're here to win!" Nico said triumphantly.

"Yeah!" I cheered.

"That's not what I meant." Eli face palmed.

"Eli-cchi means we should watch them to get some sort of inspiration." Nozomi said.

"Like to get song ideas?" asked Maki.

"Yeah pretty much."

"Did you hear that Kotori-chan? We get to see all sorts of cute outfits! Aren't you excited?" Honoka grinned.

"Sure Honoka-chan. I guess I'm pretty excited."

"Kotori... are you okay?" Umi asked.

"I'm fine! Honestly!"

I wasn't buying it... So when the two of us went to work that same day I attempted to see if anything was wrong.

"Welcome!"

Nothing.

Not even a mere slump of her shoulders. It was as though she knew I was looking at her.

"Why were you staring at me?" she asked during our break.

Never mind. 

"You seem to be out of it, something is definitely wrong." I managed to spit out. "You can tell me you know?" 

Again she attempted to deny those words, "I promise I'm fine!" she put her hands up, "It's just..." her voice trailed off.

I raised my eyebrow, "Just...?"

"Huh? Oh nothing!" she dismissed that idea by standing up.

"Not this time." I grabbed her and sat her back down. "What's the matter?"

"What happens next?" she looked at me sadly. "What happens to you after Love Live?"

"What are you talking about?" I sat there confused. 

Then I realized, she saw what I was looking at on my phone earlier.

While in the dressing room earlier today, I waited for the others to finish putting their belongings in the room. Looking at my phone, there was an email from the school asking to confirm my transfer to a school.

She must've thought that I was leaving the group and going to a different school. But little does she know... I was actually transferring full time since this year was a trial. 

"No no, you've got it all wrong." I smiled. "You see Kotori..."

"Kotori?"

"Kotori!"

She hit the floor and lay there... 

not moving...

Umi's POV

"What's up Takashi?" I asked as I laid on my bed at home. 

In a matter of moments I had taken off for the hospital. Takashi didn't sound good. 

I quickly dialed Honoka, only to realize that she too was running for the hospital as we spoke. Actually, everyone from Muse was on their way.

Takashi called me back, "What happened?"

"I- I don't know... everything just sort of happened and I have no idea why." his voice was shaky. 

"Calm down Takashi, we're on the way." I continued to pant as I ran. Truth be told I was scared, this never has happened to anyone I've known.

Kotori would have to be the last person I believed would be lying in the hospital right now unconscious. She always had a positive mindset no matter the situation.

So how could we let it come to this?

Honoka and I arrived at the hospital at the same time, we quickly found the place they were keeping her and walked into the room.

Takashi was there with his head on the bed Kotori laid on.

He looked up to see who was there, "The doctor said it was built up stress." 

"Built up...?" Honoka said confused.

"It means she has had things on her mind for a while," I explained, "and she probably didn't have anywhere to let that stress out which lead to this."

"What do you guys think she was worried about?" He asked.

"We won't find out until she wakes up." I said.

"Why's that?" Honoka looked at me.

"Because we're going to make her tell us." I nodded.

Here's another chapter for you guys! Hopefully you guys didn't wait too long for this one... Let me know if you're enjoying this story!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya

On Your Wedding Day (MC x Kotori)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara