Chapter 21

"Rise and shine!" Umi opened the closet door in our hotel room.

I winced as the light in the room hit my eyes. 

You're probably wondering why I'm laying in the closet of our hotel room… Well, I was shoved in there and wasn't allowed out.

So for what I believed was ten hours I was trapped in a small space in nothing but darkness.

But other than that I'm great. How about you?

After a short breakfast of instant noodles and coffee (the others weren't very keen on joining in on my diet) I threw on my fancy clothes and we headed over to the stage of the preliminaries.

By fancy I mean our school uniform.

"Look at yourself getting all fancy, are you that proud of repping us?" Honoka grinned inspecting my clothes.

"I'm wearing this because I'm that confident in you guys." I responded.

"Then what are these street clothes for?" Kotori looked at my plastic bag.

"In case you fail." I laughed.

The ten of us all walked over to the preliminary building and they were all being swarmed by fans and reporters.

And ignoring me…

WHAT THE HELL I'M THE MANAGER AND YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO ASK THEM QUESTIONS UNLESS I APPROVE!

"Are you looking to become back to back Love Live champions?" One asked.

All of Muse turned to me.

"Yes, yes we are." I answered.

Nozomi patted me on the back and gave me the thumbs up.

Another reporter asked, "And who are you?" 

"That's quite obvious if you open your eyes," I replied only to be nudged in the gut by Kotori, "I mean I'm their manager?"

"Is this true?" He asked Muse.

They all looked at me. I sighed, "Of course I am, why do you think I'm wearing an Otonokizaka uniform?" 

"No, sir I was asking the girls." 

They all winked at me, this was their plan the whole time… to get me to answer everything for their entertainment.

"Unfortunately the girls cannot answer your question without my permission." I said.

"Then can you get their permission?" A lady rolled her eyes.

I looked at them one more time, after seeing them shake their heads… "I'm sorry but Muse cannot take questions at this time, after their performance they should be able to." 

With that I pushed through the crowd knocking down microphones that people tried to stick at Honoka and Eli.

"I don't think those reporters are going to like you very much, Takashi." Eli smirked as we got to the waiting room.

"Good thing I don't care." I sighed, "I'll look stupid if you guys lose so don't."

"Yes ma'am!" Honoka saluted before taking off for the dressing room.

"Listen, I'm too sleep deprived to chase you right now…" I groaned.

"I think you handled yourself pretty well out there nya." Rin said before joining Honoka.

"Were you nervous?" Nozomi grinned at me.

"Absolutely not, why would I be nervous to a bunch of idiots who just want drama?" I stared at the ceiling. "Do you guys get this kind of treatment all the time?"

"Um no… last year we performed outside in the winter time." Maki said, reliving the memory.

"Thus Snow Halation was born." I grinned.

"So are you going to watch?" Kotori asked as she too was heading for the dressing room.

"Noooo," I said sarcastically, "I came here just to sleep on this couch." They smiled, "Good luck out there."

"Who needs luck when we have skill?" 

Turns out… they did need a little bit of luck.

I found a spot in the crowd and got set to watch. Unfortunately the security guards did not believe I was Muse's manager so they threw me to the back.

So when an old lady left her seat to use the bathroom…

I found myself about four rows back in the auditorium. Do I feel bad that I just stole an old woman's seat? No.

She wouldn't have remembered where she was sitting anyways.

Muse (being the number one ranked group in the qualifiers) was the last group to go.

The rules were the top four move on.

I looked at the list, there were twenty teams in total.

Let's just say that I passed out midway through the competition.

I was in fact rudely awakened by the noise of the crowd. It appears Muse has gotten on the stage.

They began, each group was allowed two songs. First was Bokura no Kimi no Life, next was Snow Halation.

I smiled as I watched them perform, it had been a long wait for this very moment.

Everyday after school and sometimes during lunch there'd be many arguments, a lot of yelling, and even a few people threatening to leave the group. (Mainly Maki and Nico)

But when they're together on stage, they're pretty much a machine. 

Everyone is in sync, no notes were missed, everyone is on point.

They absolutely killed it, and I swear I'm not being biased.

Honoka's Todokete might have been the highlight…

As they walked off the stage, I had never seen a group shine brighter. It wasn't the lighting, it wasn't the sweat on their faces, they were literally glowing.

I stood up and went over to greet them as they walked down the steps and off the stage. 

Then disaster struck.

"Kotori!"

I ran over trying to catch her as she slipped off the stage.

I was too late.

"Ow!" She winced as she held her ankle.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, arriving at her side.

She was holding back tears, "I think I broke something."

"I'm taking her to a hospital." I told the others carrying her similar to when she was sick. "You guys stay here and find out if you passed."

"Takashi, we're coming too!" Honoka and Umi ran by my side.

"No! You're the leader, you need to be there."

She nodded with a concerned look on her face, "Text us the hospital then!"

"I will!"

And with that I set foot out into the cold, snow-covered city that was Hokkaido.

I'm currently in a bus, taking kindergarteners to the zoo...

End my life...

I hope you're all having a good day! I love you!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya