Chapter 31

The air in the room was tense. The interviewer knew she had set something off as a mischievous grin on her face was the only obvious emotion in the room.

Kotori's face was expressionless so if I had to guess, it was me who made it obvious.

"So has anything happened between you two?" She asked confidently.

"As of right now… no." I lied. 

"But there's a bit of love in this relationship?"

"For me, yes, and I've already told her how I feel."

"And I've told him I'll answer him after Love Live." Kotori answered.

"However, we want to keep this from our audience." Eli said.

"The last thing we need is more pressure right now." Honoka added.

"We're down a member already so all eyes are on us." Maki finished as we all nodded.

These guys… I guess this is what it means to be a part of a group. 

Everyone backs each other up. 

Unfortunately the lady wasn't impressed, "And although I understand how you feel… it just seems like there's no problem as Kotori is out of Love Live."

Alright… how do I kill someone without people realizing I did it?

So she was going to play that card huh?

"So what you're trying to say…" I started, "Is you want to start up drama?"

"If that's your viewpoint on it, my job is to give the latest idol news." 

"Shut the hell up." I said, "You know exactly what you're doing!"

"Takashi stop." Kotori commanded.

"We don't need to give her any more drama to write about." Nozomi also held me back.

"There's nothing more that I hate than someone that doesn't know how to butt out and mind their own business." I muttered.

Outside we continued the conversation as we left after the questions. 

"And what are you going to do nya? Hit her?"

"I'm not gonna say that didn't cross my mind, but I'm not gonna say otherwise." I sighed. "Nico should've slapped her."

"And ruin my prestigious Nico-Nico-Nii vibe?" She posed.

"But what do we do if she does post it?" 

"I have no idea." 

A few days later Kotori was sitting in my room. It seemed this was the only spot the two of us could really be together.

"Look at this." She held up her phone.

With the same person as the interviewer, the author of an article titled "Muse more than an idol group?" had written about us.

"So she does want our lives to be hell."

"It's not like we told her that we're dating." My girlfriend reminded me.

"Right, but at the same time every idol fanboy has their back target on me." I complained.

"You should be honored." Kotori joked, "Those guys are our fans, so don't do something stupid and punch them got it?"

"I don't understand why that's the first thing people tell me." 

"Have you seen yourself in the mirror?" She nodded over to it.