Chapter 5

What have I gotten myself into?

I was sitting with Kotori waiting to see the principal. No we're not in trouble, but it's kind of hard to explain. It all started after school today.

"I have a big announcement!" I grinned walking into the practice room, this time there were no squeals and there was no throwing of shoes.

"What's up?" Rin asked curiously.

"What's up is your boy got you your first huge concert outside of Love Live." I said proudly.

"Wait what?" Maki said listening for once. 

"That's right, you'll be performing at one of the biggest idol events around! It takes place in Tokyo!"

"For real?" Nico said excitedly.

"How the hell did you manage to do that?" Nozomi stared in shock.

"Well I just gave them your resume, all your accomplishments, and of course I sweet talked the lady." I winked.

"For once your tendency to flirt with anyone finally pays off." Umi shook her head.

"Yeah everyone except on you guys." I replied laughing.

"Yeah that one will never happen." Eli also smiled.

"So this is no joke Takashi-kun? We're really going to perform in that big of a stage?!" Honoka cheered.

"Yep, are you guys ready?" I expected a whole chorus of "YES!"

Instead I got looks from the group of nine. 

"Uh, when exactly is this festival thing happening?" Kotori asked.

"Next week."

"YABE!"

***
"What do you mean you don't have a song ready?!" I exploded. "Can't you sing one of your other songs?!"

"Well we could, but then we'd be unoriginal." Eli said thoughtfully.

"Yeah but every song needs to be sung at least a few times right? What about your hit Snow Halation?" I pleaded.

"This calls for one thing!" Honoka said confidently.

"What?" I and the rest of the group asked.

"Maki-chan do you think you could do us a favor?" She continued.

"Uh, sure but what does this have to do with anything?" Maki said.

"We're going to a training camp!"

"Ehhh?!"

And that's how I ended up with Kotori in the principal's office.

"Mama!" Kotori called.

"Ah Kotori, and who might this be?" She smiled a smile I knew all too well.

"Takashi Matsuno, your daughter and her friends have been making life harder on me by the day." I told her.

"Eh? Why are you making things hard on this cutie? Is this him?" She asked Kotori.

She shook her head, "But he's good company."

"Well why don't you go for him, he's good looking."

She laughed, "Looks can be deceiving, anyways we're going on a training camp and I just needed to let you know that."

"Alright." She replied. "Have fun! It was nice meeting you Takashi-san!"

"It's been a pleasure!" I bowed. "Ow!" I winced as Kotori dragged me out of the room by my ear.

"Yeah come on cutie let's hurry back to the group before they leave us." 

"Remind me why I needed to come with you again?" I groaned.

"Because I wanted you to know the principal, maybe she'll show mercy on you when you get in trouble." She grinned.

That smile, it was very similar to something from a long time ago.

A smile that I knew.

A smile from her.

"Oi Takashi-kun, hurry up." She snapped me back to reality.

"Yeah yeah." I said smiling.

***
"It's the sea!" Honoka yelled running into the ocean.

"Hey Honoka we're supposed to practice!" Umi called.

"You may want to yell louder than that." I smirked as I watched everyone else from Muse run out into the ocean.

"Well, they are kids at heart." Eli said, "Umi do you have the lyrics?"

"Yep, Maki has the music too. All we're waiting for is the choreography and the costumes."

Eli stood in thought for a second, "Hey Takashi, you're the manager right? How much do you think the trip will cost?"

"Uh, well it's a three day event, so the hotel will be for two nights. Then there's food and the train ride over. It'll be a ton of money, how much do we have right now?"

"We could use the Love Live prize money." Umi chimed in.

"Well we can figure it out later. You guys should go get your 'workout' then actually practice."

"Aren't you coming?" They both looked at me.

It was still a little too cold to be full on swimming as we all waded for a little while.

I guess no beach episode…

After we did that for a little while, we all gathered in Maki's beach house.

"Kotori-chan make me some food please." Honkka groaned as she laid on the couch lazily.

"Okay Honoka-chan!" She replied happily as she stood up.

"Honoka! This isn't a restaurant we're all going to help out." Umi commanded.

"Eh? But Kotori-chan is like the only one that can cook other than Nico." She said.

"Don't worry I'll go help her." I patted Umi's head.

"You can cook?" Eli asked surprised.

"What do you think I do in the dorm?" I responded, "How else am I going to eat?"

I grabbed Kotori and we headed off into the kitchen.

"Uh, Takashi you don't have to help you know? I'm pretty good at this." She told me.

"Then how about this? Let's see who's better." I grinned.

"How do we do that?" 

"Oi!" I called out to the living room, "Kotori just told me I suck at cooking so I'm gonna beat her in a cooking competition real quick. There's fifty bucks on the line so you need to be honest."

"I never said-" she started.

"Unless you're afraid to lose?" I said smugly. 

She paused, I had her caught. 

Kotori rolled up the sleeves of her shirt. "Hope you're ready, cause I'm about to steal fifty bucks from you."

"Stealing from orphans feels bad to the conscience." I said jokingly.

"Yeah, but this is gonna feel worse." She said before punching me in the stomach. 

As I crumbled to the ground in pain (actually it was more shock than pain) she head patted me, "Time starts now. Okay Takashi-kun?" 

Let's just say that night I ended up fifty dollars short.

Here's chapter five! I hope you all liked it! Make sure to recommend this book to other people cause I need an ego boost and seeing reads make it rise.

Anyways time for the next question! Favorite waifu?

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya