Chapter 15

I waited by the fountain just as Honoka directed me. In my mind I tried to think of what I was going to say to her.

How was I going to react when I finally see her again? 

Then a thought hit me… How do Honoka and Umi know?

How do they know it's her?

It would be really awkward if they mistook a girl who had charms similar to mine. 

The only way I can tell if it's really her is if the charms can connect together.

But then again it's not like I had much to do on a Monday without school.

The worst thing that could happen is that it really wasn't her.

"Takashi-kun?"

Never mind, it can definitely get worse.

"K-k-kotori?" I said surprised. "W-what are you doing here?" 

"I-I was going to ask you the same thing." She said quietly. "Um… I'm just here because Honoka-chan told me to come."

Oh no.

I looked at her right wrist. There was a bracelet… one I hadn't seen in a long time…

"Kotori," I stared at her, "That's your bracelet right?" 

She looked at it, "Y-yeah!" She smiled, "I was told by Honoka that someone with a matching necklace was meeting me here."

"Um…" I reached into my shirt and grabbed the necklace. "It wouldn't happen to be this one would it?"

Her smile faded. 

"S-s-s-sorry!" She said before taking off.

"Kotori!" I called out. She kept running.

"Kotori-chan!" Honoka yelled from who knows where.

The rest of Muse was standing next to her. 

I nodded at them, "So you guys knew?"

"That Kotori was the one you were talking about… yes." Umi said.

"I'm not sure she was ready to know." Maki added.

"I don't think I was ready." I admitted. "It did catch me off guard, who knew?"

"There are many mysteries in this world," Nozomi stated wisely, "It just so happens that your mystery will end well."

"What are you talking about?"

"The cards told me whoever you set your heart on is the person that will stand next to you on your wedding day." She replied, "The cards are never wrong."

"She's actually right, not once have they been wrong." Rin smiled.

"I'll believe it when I see it." I said waving my hand and walking off.

"Where are you going?" Hanayo asked.

"Sorry, I need some time to think. Even if I do chase after Kotori, I don't want to talk to her if she doesn't want to." 

"But this was supposed to be perfect!" Honoka frowned.

"Easy there Honoka," Eli said wisely, "He never said he didn't want to date her."

"All good things come with time, so I'll let her get some space. I don't even know if she likes me like that or not." I reminded them before I walked away. "But that doesn't mean I won't make a move…"

***
Umi's POV 

Oh she does.

She definitely likes you.