Chapter 32

"Takashi! Slow down!" Kotori hissed as we turned another corner.

They weren't letting up the chase. And because of my sudden decision to take off, they must've gotten confirmation that Kotori and I knew we were being followed.

As we continued to twist and turn attempting to lose them, Kotori began to get tired.

Considering she hadn't been running daily and hadn't been able to actually run until a couple weeks ago, she was doing really good.

But "really good" wasn't enough.

Her breathing pace was increasing and I knew we couldn't hold on for much longer.

So… I ran to a spot where they couldn't see us and shoved Kotori into a store.

Meanwhile I stood at an alley right next door, pretending to catch my breath.

I don't know what they want, but as long as Kotori isn't here, I really don't care.

They turned the corner and immediately spotted me.

"What do you guys want?" I asked.

"That's an Otonokizaka uniform isn't it?" One of them said.

"So it is him."

"He has to be Muse's manager."

"The one that's trying to force Kotori-san into dating her."

"Wait what?" I paused. "Who's trying to force who?"

"You obviously." One of the guys came up to me. 

"Can't you take a hint?" Another one piped up.

"What are you talking about?" 

"She obviously doesn't like you."

I was just about to respond when I heard someone tapping on the glass. 

To my surprise the group of guys didn't hear it, but standing there was Kotori who mouthed the words, "Play along."

I gave her a look that said, "Do I have to?"

She nodded fiercely.

"Well, even if she does that won't stop me from trying."

Their leader grabbed my shirt and pinned me against the wall. "You don't deserve Kotori."

Okay now I was getting mad, "And I suppose one of you thirsty guys do?"

"You little-"

"Just because I have the biggest shot out of you fanboys you start saying that I'm not good enough?" I scoffed.

"That's because you really aren't good enough for someone like her."

"What are you guys, her overprotective fans?" I sighed, "How about you let me go? If Kotori likes me she likes me. You're acting like you can do something about it."

He punched me in the stomach. I winced a little, but was ready to strike back. 

He stepped a little bit backwards, "All we know is that we're not letting someone like you ruin our idol."

I laughed, in fact I felt like I was going to fall over laughing. "What the hell do you know about Kotori? So just because she's your 'idol' you know them personally?"

"Shut up!" He said angrily.

"People like you," Another one said, "don't deserve people like her." 

I took one last glimpse at the window, she was gone. 

It took me only a little bit to realize that I messed up. Badly.

Kotori's POV 

I left. 

That idiot…

Why can't he keep his mouth shut?

He could've just listened to them, let them get their words out and stop.

But no…

When will he ever learn?

I started for my house, no use in watching anymore since I knew what was going to happen. 

Honoka-chan called as I arrived home, "Kotoriiiiii!"

"Whaaaat?" I replied.

"Hey, do you want to do something?"

"Not right now, I just got home." 

Her disappointment echoed through her voice, "Aw… I was going to invite Umi-chan and Takashi-kun too."

"Hm… I'm kind of mad at one of them right now." I said laying on my bed.

"Eh?" She sounded surprised, "Why are you mad at Umi-chan?!"

I laughed, "No not Umi." 

"So does that mean it's Takashi-kun?" 

"It would appear so." I said still smiling from Honoka's answer.

"What'd he do?" 

"We were being tailed by some Muse fans and he got into an argument with them. That argument turned into a fight." I explained.

"What'd they say?"

"I don't know, I think things that got to him. Things like 'You're not good enough for her' or things like that." 

"Well wouldn't you get mad too?" She questioned.

"Maybe, but I wouldn't handle it like that."

She laughed, "Well of course you wouldn't Kotori-chan." She emphasized the "you", "But for a hot blooded guy like Takashi-kun of course."

For once Honoka was making some good points. "But that doesn't change the fact that he let his temper out."

"That's true, but did you ever think why he got so angry at those comments?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean," she continued, "going back to the 'you're not good enough for her' thing, have you ever given him assurance that he's good enough for you?"

"Well of course he is, I love him." I answered quickly.

"But think about it, he's dating an idol that almost everyone in Japan knows about, of course he's sensitive to those words." The girl addicted to bread said, "It seems natural that he and others would think that you're not on the same level."

"That's ridiculous-"

"Is it really Kotori-chan?" 

I paused, had I really neglected his feelings? Did I not give him any reason to believe that he's the only person I can care for?

"You're right…" I finally said, "I should go talk to him." 

"While you're at it, you should bring Umi and I along, we can go karaoke." She laughed.

"One more question… where did you learn to give this advice?"

"Anime and video games." 

After we shared a little bit of laughter I said goodbye and hung up. 

Hopefully Takashi was home. I need to tell him how I feel.

Happy birthday to me I'm a hundred and three, I look like a monkeyyyyyy and that's because I am...

Thank you all for reading! I'm going to go enjoy the last three hours of being my current age.

Love you all!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya