Chapter 39

"Please don't let us be last!" 

I'll admit, this scene didn't look too pleasant. The nine of us, inside of the office of Love Live, begging that we wouldn't have to perform last at three o'clock.

"Eh?" the lady looked at us confused.

"We have... something to do at three." Honoka explained. "We're performing for incoming freshmen."

"Hm... I'm not so sure. We did the lottery and everything." 

"I'm still confused how the hell we got last, and our stage time was three." Maki muttered.

"Can't help it now, we just have to beg." I whispered back. "Please! We really need this."

"I'm sorry, the other idol groups are already preparing for their turn. If you can convince another group to trade we can make it happen." she said finally.

The next thing I knew we started calling every single group trying to get someone to switch with. But alas, we did not find anyone that was willing to switch places with us.

Except for one...

"Of course we'll do it for you Honoka-san!" The leader of Aqours grinned.

"R-r-really?!" Honoka had tears in her eyes. "Thank you thank you thank you!" she shook her hand vigorously. 

The rest of us bowed and said our thanks. "Anytime!" Chika continued, "You guys, after all, are the reason we started our group in the first place."

"Alright Honoka, get up." I picked her up off of her knees. "Thank you guys very very much."

They gave a thumbs up. But there was still a question I didn't have the answer to just yet.

"When exactly are you guys performing?" I asked.

"Twenty-ninth I believe." one of their members said.

"E-eh..." 

"NOOOOOO!"

There were only thirty performances.

We must've caught Aqours off guard because they seemed frightened at our peril. 

"W-what time is your performance?" Kotori attempted to give us some hope.

"Two thirty." 

We sighed. Why can't we catch a break? Whoever is writing the book of my life is doing a great job of screwing me over.

"I-it's better than we had before?" Eli offered.

We were defeated. Everyone was frowning. 

"Wait," Rin had an idea after we left Aqours' dressing room, "what if we just changed the time we would perform at the party for incoming freshmen?"

"That's a great idea!" Umi agreed, "Why didn't I think of that?"

"Come on let's go!" 

We stormed off to Otonokizaka High School with a new confidence. Only for that same confidence to be shattered into a million pieces.

"I'm sorry, there's just nowhere else to put you all." Kotori's mom a.k.a. the principal of the school told us. 

"There's no way..." Honoka said in shock.

"Watch this." I said, "I might be able to do something about this." 

I walked over to our principal. "I understand you're trying to keep this civil and organized, but you have to remember that these girls saved the school in the first place. And you even scouted me for this school." 

She looked at me while nodding. "I see... you do make a good point."

"Not only that, but you've bailed us out of everything. You've bailed me out when I had a fight with that one dude. And then that other fight with the other dude." I counted off my fingers, "Or that time that I accidentally took Kotori to my place-" 

"Ahem." Umi stared daggers at me.

I shivered, "What I'm trying to say is, even though we may have caused trouble for you a lot-" The glares I got from the group scared me, "I mean even though I've caused trouble for you a lot, you've bailed me out every single time. So how about you do the same this time?" I winked.

She smiled sweetly at me, "My my... I guess I have bailed you out a lot, do you think there's a specific reason why?"

"Uh... because I'm a cutie?" I smiled playfully.

She laughed, "I'm not going to deny that." she winked, "But honestly there's nothing I can do this time. Everyone is already preparing for the welcome ceremony. So this is the one time I can't bail you out." 

"Does that mean you'll bail me out any other time?" my eyes brightened. I was rudely interrupted by Umi pulling me out of the room along with the rest of the group.

"Well that sucked." I sighed. "I swear my sweet talk was perfect."

"You know, I'm not gonna say you're useless... but you're useless." Maki blew her hair out of her face.

"You have my back right Kotori?" I looked at her.

She was pouting...

"W-what's wrong?"

"You were just flirting with my own mother!" She stared angrily, "I figured you would cheat eventually but whoever thought that you had feelings for my mom!"

"What?!" I said alarmed, "I didn't do that! I just wanted to get her on our side by sweet talking her."

"So that's what you do huh? Sweet talk girls and then immediately break their hearts. You use others for your own pleasure!" she accused. 

"No no! That's not what I meant!" as I looked to the others for help, but everyone was busy trying not to laugh at my inconvenience.

Honoka smiled and mouthed the words "hug her" to me. So I took a deep breath and put my arm around her.

And she immediately ducked and side stepped me before walking over to Honoka and them. Leaving me all alone on the side.

"Man I love watching couples fight." Nozomi grinned. 

"It's like we have a whole rom com anime right in front of our eyes." Hanayo agreed.

"But seriously Takashi... her own mom? That is a low blow." Eli couldn't help but smile as well.

"So I guess we're going to have to figure out how to make it back huh?" I asked.

"We'll just do our best." Honoka cheered. "Because we're Muse, and the ten of us can do anything together!"

"Yeah!" we cheered.

"Don't let this distract you from the fact that Takashi was flirting with his girlfriends mom nya~" Rin teased.

"Frick off." I said as everyone laughed, even Kotori. 

And seeing that smile of hers, makes me realize everything is going to be alright. 

Knowing that, is what puts a smile on my face everyday.

Author-kun is about to fail another test on Monday... woooooh... can't wait...

Anyways hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Let me know in the comments if you're enjoying this story still as it's almost about to wind down. 

Thanks for reading even though I don't have a specific upload schedule but I hope you continue to read!

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya