Chapter 20

After about an hour of silence between us I gave up and knocked on the third years' door. 

"What's up Takashi?" Nozomi greeted me.

"My room sucks, can I sleep with you guys?" 

"Put that one in the Takashi out of context list." Nico said, unpacking her bag.

"Your girlfriend won't let you share a bed with her?" Eli winked.

"To be honest I think anything I say makes her dislike me more and more." I sighed.

"Takashi is choking his chance." Nozomi nodded, "That's what the cards told me. But you know what else they told me?"

"What?"

"That you two will talk after we eat tonight outside." She smiled.

"Did they also mention whether or not it was a good talk or not?" 

"I guess you'll have to find out." She shrugged.

"Just don't make it worse between you two, I still want to be a bridesmaid." Eli grinned.

"Yeah yeah, where are we eating anyways?" My stomach growled.

"Wherever Maki chooses."

"Uh oh…" I gasped, "It's going to be too expensive for my instant ramen taste…"

Just then there was a knock on the door. 

"Speak of the devil herself." Nico rolled her eyes.

"Aren't you the devil?" The first year countered.

They may butt heads a lot, but those two are close. Like two tsunderes clashing...

"Come on, there's a ramen shop a few streets down let's go." 

"RAMEN LET'S GO!" I cheered as I followed them all.

It was Maki's treat so… 

"Calm down you three!" She sighed as Honoka, Hanayo, and I were on our fourth bowl.

"Thanks for the meal!" I finally said after eating an impressive seven bowls.

I took a glimpse at the bill and winced, sorry Maki…

As we walked out of the restaurant Umi gave us the plan.

"Tomorrow is the day." She said, "The day we've been waiting for!"

"Yeah!" We cheered.

"We worked hard, so let's do our best!" 

"Yeah!"

"Hey Takashi?" A voice called out to me. "You want to go on a walk?" 

"Sure Kotori…" 

Not known to the girl beside me the other eight were grinning at us.

"Have fun you two." They waved as they headed off.

"Shut up."

We walked in silence for a few minutes. The snow started to fall once again, the street was dark, dimly lit by the few street lights.

"You know, I'm really glad our school didn't get shut down." Kotori said suddenly.

"Did you still wish it was an all-girls school?" I asked.

"Part of me does… but at the same time, I wouldn't have been able to meet you again." Good thing the night was dark enough otherwise she would've seen how red my face got.

"I'm not going to lie, part of me never believed I'd see that person again." I admitted, "And yet she's standing in front of me right now." 

She chuckled, "Stop it, you're going to make me blush." She said sarcastically.

I laughed as we sat down at a park. "Have you thought about what you're going to do someday?" 

"I believe we're all planning on becoming true idols as Muse." She stretched, "What about you?"

"I haven't given it much thought…" I shrugged, "I live one day at a time."

"Is that so?" She paused for a little bit. 

This was the perfect time to ask her out.

"Hey Kotori-"

"Takashi, do you think we can stay together?"

"What do you mean?" I turned and looked at her.

"To be honest, I don't really know." Her face glowed in the darkness, "I guess I've been having a lot of fun with you and the others."

I nodded, not knowing how to respond, "Takashi?"

"Yeah?" 

"Don't do anything stupid that could separate the ten of us, especially from me."

Now I was definitely red…

"Including almost getting kicked out of school for fighting those third years."

"You heard?"

"My mom's the principal… did you really think you were hiding it?" 

"It was worth a try," I grinned, "and I won't do it again."

"Let's both do our best."

"Yep, hey Kotori?" I gave it my best shot.

"Sorry we can't go out just yet…" she stuck her tongue out at me.

"Ehhhhhh? How much longer?" I sighed.

"Sooner than you think." She grinned while getting up.

I didn't say anything else on the way back. It was pretty awkward after that conversation. What are you even supposed to say?

I decided to check my phone, there was a text from Nozomi.

Nozomi: The cards were right weren't they?

Takashi: I hate you

As we headed back to the hotel I couldn't help but stare at Kotori.

There was no denying she was hot, but there was more to it than her looks. Her semi-childish personality, her support, her humor. It's anything a guy could ever want.

She probably has a billion other guys lining up in front of her.

And yet… she chose me?

Just the idiot with no other friends besides nine idols, someone that loses his cool extremely quickly and violently lashes out at people who hurt the people dear to him?

Why me?

I'd soon get my answer, and it was one I was least expecting...

I wrote this like five minutes before my shot...

Well I have a headache... and my arm is sore so I'd say I got the least worrying side effects.

Anyways thank you for 1k reads! I hope you're all enjoying this as much as I am!

Three days with updates... I'm running out of chapters go pre-write...

Question of the day is "What's one anime you never will watch no matter how many people tell you it's good?"

Be safe! Mask up! Don't be stupid!

-Kazuya