Chapter 43

Be their manager?

Okay I know what you're thinking, that's common sense. You're already their manager, so this should be no different.

Right?

Wrong.

Unfortunately for me I'm not an actual manager. In fact I was roped all in here because I accidentally walked in on those nine.

Actually, was it an accident? Cause honestly it feels like someone is writing out the events in my life.

To be perfectly honest, Muse deserves a real manager.

And it definitely is not some random guy that met them all one day. Those nine have worked hard (and are good enough) for an actual agency.

I explained this to Misaki on the way home. 

"They quite obviously don't need me."

"What are you talking about?"

"They need someone that actually can support them as a manager. I don't know the first thing when it comes to this stuff."

"Then learn." 

She was right. If I really wanted to stay like this for the rest of my life, I would have to learn to be an actual manager. 

"Where do you even go to learn this type of stuff?"

"Look it up."

I searched on my phone specific degrees you would need to organize a group. There were many examples; teams, bands, idols, you name it. Each required however, at least a bachelor's degree in organization management. 

I sat there in thought for a moment. This would require me to go to college for at least two years. Depending on how quickly I could get my bachelors.

"It says I need to go into college for two years." I said hopeless. "By then they would have all graduated and become regular idols."

"Hm..." she paused, "Say have you done all the requirements in school?"

"Except for my senior math and sciences classes I guess."

She smiled in the rear view mirror. "'Kay."

She left it at that.

As promised when I got home I surrendered my phone, video games, and computer. She luckily allowed me to keep my TV. 

"I'm going to make a phone call okay?" she said as she went back to the office of the dorm.

"Alright." I said closing my door. 

I turned on the TV hoping to see what had happened at Love Live. I glanced at the clock.

4:45

Fifteen minutes to go before they announce the winner. I wonder if the others are there. They were showing each group's entry picture with all of their members.

When Muse finally came up I was genuinely surprised to see myself on that screen as well. I remember when we took this photo. In the park on Christmas, when I officially became a Muse member.

Unfortunately that may not last very long... 

They held that picture on the screen for a few seconds talking about how Muse was last year's champion, that I was their brand new manager, blah blah blah. 

There was a knock on the door. I opened expecting to see Misaki, "Hello?"

It wasn't. "Thank goodness you're here!" Honoka groaned lying down on my couch after quickly taking off her shoes. "We were looking everywhere  for you."