chapter fifty-five

The Maui trip is going by much faster than I thought it would. It's already been over a week, and it feels like we got here only yesterday. It's been quite fun, even though we've all developed some horrific sunburns.

The pool has become our new favorite spot, and we've also gone on a few hikes. Hikes aren't exactly my favorite thing, but being able to hang out with the boys made it totally worth it. Not to mention the fact that Maui is absolutely gorgeous.

Even though we've spent a lot of time outside, we still have movie nights almost every night. It brings me so much joy because it brings back happy memories of the many movie nights we had back when we were filming. Even though Sav isn't here with us, it's still fun. And Charlie still wraps himself up in his blanket like a burrito every night.

I haven't had any nightmares since we've gotten here, which I am thankful for. This whole trip has helped get my mind off of the divorce mess, at least just a little bit.

All of the guys are out at the pool at the moment, but I stayed behind at the hotel so I could FaceTime Sav, Carolynn, and Madison. I initiate the FaceTime and Madison immediately picks up, soon followed by Sav and Carolynn.

"Hi!" I say excitedly.

"Hey guys, it feels like it's been forever since I've been able to talk to you all," Madison says.

"Right? I'm ready to see you all again," Carolynn adds.

"Jenny's lucked out- she's in Hawaii with the guys," Madison says. "I'm sure it's unbearable having to live with all of them together."

"Not unbearable... but definitely something," I respond. "Already almost burned down the hotel once, but that's about it."

"Only once? Not too bad," Sav smiles.

"Speaking of the guys, where are they at? Figured they'd be bothering you if they figured out you were on FaceTime," Carolynn says.

"They're currently at the pool. I just told them I had an important phone call to make and said I would stay behind. None of them cared too much to ask."

"Well, that doesn't surprise me," Sav says. "What all have you all done?"

"Not much honestly," I respond. "Lots of time at the pool, a few hikes, movie nights. Nothing too exciting, but enough for me."

"That sounds exciting to me," Madison adds. "I wish I could be there with you. Could help you tame the guys a bit."

"Honestly, Mads, that would be amazing. They're insane when they all get together. Jer is the only one with common sense, I believe."

"Jer is like the dad, and Charlie and Owen are the rambunctious children," Sav laughs. "You keep Owen in check, though. Charlie just runs wild, I don't think anyone could keep him in check."

"Very true," I agree. "Charlie's a free spirit."

"That's one way to put it," Madison scoffs.

"I don't know, Mads, I think you keep Charlie in check better than the rest of us," Carolynn says. "It at least, you call him out when he does dumb stuff. That may not stop him from doing the dumb stuff, but hey, your reactions are always priceless."

"Someone's gotta call him out on it, yeah?" she laughs.

We all continue to talk for a good while. I lose track of time because the conversation flows so naturally and easily that I kind of forget that we're actually talking. About an hour passes until the door of my room opens, and Owen walks in.

"Hey, we're back- who are you talking to?" he asks.

"Here, come say hi," I say, gesturing for him to come over to where I'm sitting. I point the phone to where he's standing so the girls can see him.