chapter thirteen

The Other Side of Hollywood is completely insane. Paul and Kenny have a vision for this choreography, and that vision is chaos. Well, organized chaos, but chaos nonetheless.

I've spent most of the past two weeks trying to work through choreography for this piece, and it's challenging, to say the least. There are so many people to account for, and each of them are doing their own separate things. It gets hard to remember it all.

What doesn't help is that I'm still running on about four hours of sleep every day, sometimes even less. At this point, I'd give anything to make these nightmares go away. Every night feels like two weeks because I spend most of it tossing and turning, being scared to go back to sleep. The dark circles under my eyes are becoming more and more visible, no matter how much makeup I try to use on them.

My saving grace is when I get to work with the guys, teaching them their parts of the dance. I even got to meet Booboo, which was a surreal experience. Like everyone else, he was super friendly and is easy to work with. He's also a fantastic dancer, so that helps.

My daily routine becomes simple. I get up after a night of restless sleep, I get ready and go to the studio, I dance and choreograph and teach for hours on end, and then I come home and climb right into bed. I haven't had much time for anything else.

Once we have some solid choreography, we start rehearsing on the set of the Hollywood Ghost Club. We continue to choreograph and practice days on end until Kenny and Paul are satisfied with the outcome. Unlike I Got the Music, I'm not going to be in this dance. It seems a bit unfair after all the hard work I've put into the choreography, but I don't complain.

Filming for it starts today. I'm still supposed to hang around on set to make changes if needed or correct anything that looks wrong. It's challenging because I have so many people to keep up with, but at least I'm not totally alone. Other choreographers and dancers are looking on with me, plus Kenny and Paul, of course.

I don't get to talk to the guys much because they're busy filming the scene. I did see Madison earlier, so I know she's here to watch. I thought about trying to find her, but I didn't know if I was allowed to leave where I was. Luckily, she found me instead.

"Hi, Jenny! I didn't know you were back here. I thought you'd be in this dance since you've been helping choreograph the whole thing," she says when she walks up to me.

"Yeah, I think I was originally supposed to be in it, but they decided it'd be too risky since I already have a role in Dirty Candy. I'm okay with watching though, at least I get to see all my hard work pay off. And it makes it easier to catch mistakes," I reply.

"That's understandable. The guys are doing amazing, so know that your hard work wasn't for nothing. It's a miracle anyone taught those three children how to not look ridiculous when they dance."

"I love that you're multiple years younger than them and still address them as children," I laugh. "It fits, though. They all act like children, well, Jeremy less than the other two."

"Yeah, I think Jer is the only sane one in the group. Still, they're all very passionate about acting, so at least they do take one thing seriously. Speaking of- I wanted to tell you about something," she says, a serious expression on her face.

"What is it?"

"Charlie and I may have written a song. And I think we're gonna show it to Kenny today. We kinda took inspiration from Julie and Luke, and we're gonna try to see if Kenny lets us put it in the show," she tells me.

"Mads, that's awesome!" I exclaim, and she smiles. "Can I come with you while you show him? I wanna hear this song."

"Of course! I was going to ask you to come anyway," she chuckles.