chapter thirty-three

It's kinda sad knowing that I only have a couple more weeks with these people on set. They've become my family, and I really don't want to leave them. It's already starting to hit me since I don't really have any major dances left to choreograph. We're starting to wrap things up, and I hate it.

I spend most of my day today watching the band rehearse Stand Tall. And man, they're good. Next to Finally Free, I think this is my favorite performance/song of theirs. And Owen has a solo in it, which makes it even better.

He steals glances at me every once in a while, grinning every time he catches me already watching him. I hate that this song is the last time I get to do this.

By the time we're done for the day, I'm overly sad due to the fact that I've been dwelling on how all of this is going to end soon. Owen and Charlie seem to notice my downcast mood as soon as I get in the car.

"Jenny, why do you look like you just found out that your dog died?" Charlie asks as I climb in.

"Gee, thanks, Charlie," I say, rolling my eyes. "And I'm just sad because I think it's just now hit me that these are our last few weeks together."

"Aw, Jenny, don't talk about it! Let's just enjoy the next couple of weeks and make the most out of what we have. Don't ruin your mood so early," he responds.

"I just don't want this to end, you know?"

"I agree, but I'm with Charlie," Owen adds. "We need to make the most of our last weeks living together, and try not to dwell on the fact that we're leaving soon. Let's just enjoy what we have."

"I'm trying," I say. "But on a happier note, you guys did amazing at rehearsal today."

"Thanks!" Charlie exclaims. "You did seem to take quite an interest in Owen's drumming, though. Don't act like you didn't watch him the entire time."

Instantly, I look down at the floor, making sure to avoid Owen's eyes. "Sure, Charlie," I say, trying my best to play it off. "You all sounded amazing together, though. For real."

"We try," Charlie smiles. I finally lift my gaze off of the floor, and sneak a look over at Owen, silently hoping that he didn't think anything of the comment Charlie made. He was already looking at me, and he smiled once I met his gaze.

We all continue to make pointless conversation as we drive home. Owen calls Charlie "burrito boy" once, and we had to explain to him what that meant. He didn't seem too thrilled over the nickname. Not that we cared.

Once we got home, I immediately went to shower despite the fact that I did absolutely no physical activity today. I've just gotten in that routine. I put on one of Owen's hoodies and a pair of sweatpants and make my way back into my room.

My room is a complete and utter mess, but I never do anything about it. I just shove more stuff aside and jump onto my bed. Honestly, I could probably take a nap if I tried. But that chance is ruined when Savannah comes barging into my room.

"Jenny, we need to talk," she says, jumping onto my bed right beside me.

"Well, hello to you too."

She rolls her eyes and continues. "I've been talking with Charlie, about you and Owen."

"Wait, what?" I interjected. "Why?"

"Charlie said you still haven't said anything to Owen about the conversation they had a few days ago, even though he encouraged you to. And he told me what it was about, by the way. And if you can't listen to Charlie, Jenny, listen to me," she says, grabbing me by my shoulders. "Talk to Owen."