chapter twenty-eight

We finally made plans for another girl's night, a much-needed one. Carolynn was coming this time, and it made me so much more excited because I've been hoping to get to know her better. Sacha was also invited, obviously.

By the time I finished up at the studio and rode home with Sav, Charlie, and Owen, I was so giddy I could barely contain myself.

"I think our dear Jenny is a little excited about girl's night," Charlie teases once we all get in his car.

"I haven't done anything with Mads, Jadah, Sacha, or Carolynn in a long time. Yes, I'm excited, Charles," I respond.

"I'm excited too," Sav adds. "This will be good for all of us."

"And what about me and Charlie? What are we supposed to do?" Owen asks, seeming genuinely concerned. I look over at him and shoot him a smile, grabbing his hand while I'm at it.

"I'm sure you'll figure out something," Sav says. "You're Owen and Charlie. Is there a non-chaotic minute when you two are together?"

"She does have a point," Charlie agrees. I try to pull my hand away from Owen's, but whenever I let go, he grabs it again and pulls it closer to him.

When we get back to the apartment, I give both Charlie and Owen quick hugs before I try to go get ready with Sav.

"Just let me know when it's over, okay? I'll stay up for you. I don't want you sleeping by yourself, especially after what happened last night," Owen whispers in my ear as I hug him.

"Of course. Thank you," I whisper before pulling back from our hug.

"Don't be having too much fun without me tonight," he winks. And with that, he walked back into his apartment.

I make sure to take a quick shower before everyone arrives, and I change into Owen's hoodie and leggings. I'm not sure what we're doing tonight, but if I had to guess, I'd place bets on watching a movie. I want to make sure I'm comfortable for that, and Owen's hoodie is probably the comfiest article of clothing I own.

When I come out of my room, I see Sav sitting on the couch scrolling through her phone. She hears me walk in and looks up, and immediately she gives me a knowing smile. I don't think she's ever seen me wear Owen's hoodie before because I usually just wear it to bed.

"That's Owen's hoodie!" she exclaims, meaning that my intuition was correct. "And when were you planning on telling me about this?"

"About what?"

"That Owen gave you his hoodie!" she practically shrieks. "That's a big deal, Jenny."

"It's really not," I try to reason. "He gave it to me right before he left for his little trip, hoping that it'd give me some comfort since he wouldn't be there to sleep with me."

"Aw, Jenny! That is pure love. And I don't care if you don't see it, but I do. And I'm sure every single one of the people coming over today will agree with me."

"Ugh, don't mention it. I don't like when everyone's attention is on me, it's too weird."

"Come on, we're all completely invested in you and Owen's relationship now. You both make it so blatantly obvious that you like each other, we're all just waiting for a confession."

"No pressure or anything," I say, rolling my eyes. I hear a knock at the door, and I use that opportunity to get out of the conversation Sav and I was just having. I open the door and see Madison and Jadah on the other side, and I hug each of them before letting them in.

Sacha arrived next, followed by Carolynn. She seemed extremely happy to be invited, and I was extremely happy she came. I've only talked with her a few times, but she seems like such a genuine and kind person. I admire that.