chapter seventeen

As soon as I make it back into my room, I start trying to put together an outfit. The whole car ride home was filled with Owen begging me to tell him what my costume would be. I was relentless and told him he'd simply have to wait.

Once I'm showered, I start putting together my outfit. Pink jeans, a white shirt, and a black jacket that kind of resembles Marinette's. It's not much, but I had to use what I had to work with. I also have some black flats that will work as shoes.

The hair is the hardest part. Marinette has short, fluffy pigtails, but I can't make my hair do that. I just put my hair up in low pigtails and take little strands of hair out right in front of my ears. It's not my best work, but it's not horrible either.

"Jenny, you look so cute!" Savannah compliments me when I come out of my room.

"So do you! Let me guess... Kim Possible?"

"Yep, that's the look I was going for," Savannah laughs. "So who are you supposed to be?"

"Marinette, from Miraculous Ladybug."

I see realization wash over her. "That's the show you watch with Owen, isn't it? I can hear you both singing the theme song sometimes."

"What can I say? It's catchy."

"Must be. I think the guys should be coming over in a few minutes, and Jer is driving us there," she informs me, and I nod.

True to her word, Charlie and Owen barge into our apartment about ten minutes later, each one looking just as ridiculous as the other.

Charlie runs up to us, scaring me half to death with his clown costume and freaky smile. Owen, however, is in his inflatable baby suit, looking ridiculously adorable. I may or may not have binged all of his vlogs one night when I couldn't sleep... so I've already been acquainted with the iconic suit. 

Owen waddles up to us, making Sav and I bust out into laughter. He doesn't acknowledge it though, he just does his own thing.

"You're Marinette!" he says excitedly once he sees my costume.

"I credit Charlie for the idea," I tell him, and Charlie smiles proudly.

"Well you look amazing," Owen tells me. "And you do too, Sav."

"Thanks! And you look... well, like Owen," she replies and we all laugh.

Once Jeremy texts us to let us know he's here, we all walk down to the parking lot together. Car rides with Jeremy are always fun, especially when he lets me blast Dazed and Confused by Ruel at full volume.

When we arrive at the party, most of the cast is already there. I instantly see Mads and Jadah, looking stunning in their matching angel and devil outfits. I also saw two people walk by who were dressed up as Alex and Luke from the show, which I thought was such a great idea for a costume.

"Hey guys!" Madison greets us all, giving each of us hugs- well, except Owen, for obvious reasons.

"Wait," Jadah says when she sees me. "Are you supposed to be Marinette?"

"Yes, actually," I laugh.

"I love that show! It's criminally underrated."

"Right?" I agree. "It's me and Owen's guilty pleasure. We watch it quite often, I got him hooked on it."

"Never thought Owen would be the kind of guy who watches Miraculous, but then again, he'd do almost anything for you," she smiles.

"Whatever, Jadah."

I gotta hand it to Madison, her Halloween party idea was a huge success. I don't think it was humanly possible to have a bad time. From doing weird dances to listening to Sacha's extremely bad jokes, the night was super fun.

The party lasted long into the night, and luckily, Kenny agreed that he'd give us tomorrow off, letting us all have a long weekend. Sav, the guys, and I were some of the last people to leave simply because we really didn't want to. We finally left around midnight, when Madison left. We helped Kenny and a few others clean up, and then Jer drove all of us back to our apartment.

I was so exhausted that I almost fell asleep in the shower. I don't know how well my hair got washed because half the time, I was just making sure my eyes stayed open.

By the time I changed into my pajamas and got out of the bathroom, Owen was already sitting on my bed. His hair was still a bit wet, so I guess he had just gotten out of the shower. At least he was finally out of the baby suit- not that he couldn't pull it off- but I like seeing just Owen.

"Good to see you're back to normal," I say as he looks up at me.

"It feels good to be back to normal. That baby suit is crazy hard to move around in."

"I'm sure it is."

"Did I happen to tell you that your Marinette outfit was absolutely amazing? You totally rocked those pink jeans," he smiles.

"Why, thank you."

"I should've thought about being Cat Noir. I could pull it off, right?"

"I don't think anyone could be as fine as Cat Noir is. But I think you definitely have the charm and puns for it."

"Oh come on, bugaboo. We both know I'm just as fine as Cat Noir."

"That's pushing it," I say as I get up from the bed.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"To fix some strawberry milk, obviously. Shouldn't you know this by now?"

"Can I fix it for you?" he asks.

"Go for it. Thank you," I tell him as he practically sprints out of my door. While he's at it, I make sure that his favorite blanket of mine is on his side of the bed.

Owen comes back in with a cup in hand. "Here you go, bugaboo."

"I thought you would've given up with that nickname by now, but I see that I was wrong."

"Nah, I think Cat Noir has some solid nickname ideas. I don't see why Ladybug doesn't love him."

"Cause she's blinded by her love for Adrien. She's so caught up with him, she can't see what's right in front of her. And apparently, neither can he."

"Yep, they're both oblivious idiots," he says, and I laugh.

"Is it okay if we don't watch Miraculous tonight? I feel like I need about twelve hours of sleep right now," I tell Owen.

"Of course. Bugaboo."

"You just had to add that in didn't you?"

"I couldn't help myself," he smiles. I snuggle up beside him, and he lets his arm rest around me. My hair was still soaking wet, but he didn't seem to mind. Good thing too, because I like using him as my own personal pillow.

"Goodnight, bugaboo," he whispers.

I don't know how he manages to be so annoying yet so endearing at the same time.