chapter twenty-six

"You moved our rooms?!"

Sav, Charlie, and I all started cracking up as Owen walked into Charlie's former room, to see all of his stuff wrapped in gift wrap.

Once he got over the initial shock of the fact that he has Charlie's room now, he just told us that we all needed hobbies and started unwrapping all of his stuff. It was quite entertaining to watch him try to unwrap literally everything in his room, and I could see that he was very annoyed with us. I don't blame him though, after a long flight, unwrapping your entire room isn't exactly the most enticing thing to do.

"How long did this take?"

"The entire weekend," Charlie says. "We were dedicated. It was Mads idea, so she helped, and so did Jer."

"Is that why Jenny ignored my FaceTime call that one time? Because you all were busy wrapping my room?"

I instantly feel my heart drop. I thought he didn't notice that. "Yeah, that was Charlie. He grabbed my phone and hit the ignore button before I could do anything else," I explain.

"Well, I admire the dedication and work you put into this, but I think you all just really like torturing me," Owen smiles as he continues to unwrap more of his stuff. "Seriously, you guys need hobbies. Desperately."

"Nah, we just make a hobby out of torturing you," Charlie replies.

It takes Owen a bit longer to unwrap the rest of his room, but eventually he finishes and we all have to figure out what to do with the leftover wrapping paper. We do our best to condense it by folding it and put it all in trash bags.

Once all of the wrapping paper is successfully out of Owen's room, Charlie and Sav offer to go get food for the four of us. Well, Sav offered, and she forced Charlie to give her a ride. I stayed at the apartment to help Owen unpack. And by help him unpack, I mean I sat on his bed and watched him unpack.

"Are you not gonna wash those?" I ask when I see that he's putting clothes from his suitcase back in his closet.

"I didn't wear them, why would I?"

"Because they've been in a suitcase with all of your other dirty clothes," I reason.

"I love that you think about these things, Jenny. I never would've thought twice about it."

"Yet you're still putting dirty clothes back in your closet."

"Less laundry. Let's think positively here, bugaboo."

I sigh and he shoots me a smile. "I missed you," I blurt out, without thinking.

"Yeah?" he says, turning to face me. He's sitting on the floor and I'm in his bed, so I'm looking down at him.

"Yeah."

It takes him a few seconds to respond, like he's calculating what he's going to say next. He decides not to say anything, but instead, he climbs up onto the bed with me and smothers me in a hug. He kinda catapults onto me, so I fall backward onto his bed, with him laying on top of me, arms wrapped around me. I squeeze my arms tight around him.

"I missed you too," he says, his voice muffled because his face is still buried in my shoulder. Neither one of us makes an effort to move. "Can we watch Miraculous tonight? I missed watching it with you while I was gone."

"Of course we can. As long as you promise to cuddle with me."

"Promise. I've missed that too." He lifts his head up so that we're face to face. "God, Jenny. I was only gone two full days and this is how we react? I think we have some serious attachment issues."

"Agreed," I laugh. "But I'm glad you're back."

"Me too," he agrees, giving me a smile before getting up from the bed.

Charlie and Sav get back with our food soon after, and we all take it to me and Sav's apartment so that we can watch a movie while we eat. It's nice to finally be back with my three best friends. I love everyone else on set, but these people are MY people. The people I can be myself around, the people I finally found my home in. I couldn't have asked for better friends.

I cuddle with Owen throughout pretty much the entirety of the movie. I try to ignore the knowing glances I get from both Charlie and Sav. At this point, I don't even care what they're thinking. I need all the Owen cuddles I can get, I've been deprived for the past few days.

As I knew they would, both Charlie and Sav are asleep by the time the movie ends. I'm sure to put a blanket over Sav before leaving the living room, knowing that Charlie will end up stealing all of the other one.

Owen follows me into the kitchen, knowing exactly what I'm going to do because he opens up the refrigerator for me. I get out the milk and strawberry syrup and get a cup from the cabinet.

"Can I make it for you?" Owen whispers. I nod, and he carefully pours in the milk and syrup, and mixes them up as softly as he can, careful not to make too much noise. He hands me the cup once he's done, and puts everything back up.

When we get back in my room, I grab my computer and pull up Miraculous so that we can watch an episode before we go to sleep. We've resorted to watching the same episodes we've seen before because we've gone through every single season already. Owen climbs on the other side of my bed, moving my absurd amount of blankets to the side.

"My hoodie!" he exclaims when he sees it laying with my other blankets.

"I'll take that," I say, snatching it off of the bed and putting it over the t-shirt I'm currently wearing. When I look back at Owen, he's smiling bigger than I think I've ever seen him smile before.

"I'm guessing you like the hoodie then?" he asks, and I nod.

"Of course I like it, it came from you. I also really like Kitty too," I say, pointing at the stuffed animal sitting on my side of the bed.

"You named it Kitty? So original," he laughs. I roll my eyes and climb into bed beside him, my computer in hand. I snuggle up beside him and he puts an arm around me. I sit the computer on my lap, and he plays with my hair while we watch the episode I had chosen.

I'm so drowsy by the time we finish, both from exhaustion from today and from Owen playing with my hair. I put my computer up on my nightstand and go back to cuddling Owen.

"Was it completely unbearable to sleep with me gone?" he whispers in my ear.

"You give yourself too much credit," I smile. "Though it wasn't exactly my favorite thing. I'd much prefer having you here with me. Kitty's an okay replacement, but nothing can compare to you." I realize what I just said, and immediately I can feel my cheeks flush red.

"Yeah, I wasn't exactly a fan of the sleeping alone deal either. I'd much rather be here with you."

"I missed you so much," I say, even though I've probably told him that at least fifty other times today.

"Missed you more, bugaboo. Now get some sleep, we still have work tomorrow and you're basically my living alarm clock."

"Can't have me oversleeping, now can we?" I smile. "Goodnight, O. It's good to have you back."

"I'm glad to be back. Goodnight, Jenny," he says, wrapping his arms tighter around me.

I could've sworn that he whispered something else, but I was asleep before I could process what he said.