Chapter 49 | A Fate Out Ran

I watch the three guys climb into a Range Rover with Elijah and Luka while Gio, Enzo and Elio climb into another

I watch the three guys climb into a Range Rover with Elijah and Luka while Gio, Enzo and Elio climb into another. I turn to mat and he opens his arms and I run towards him. We stand in front the two cars and he spins me around as his eyes lock onto mine.

"You have absolutely no idea how much I missed you.," He whispers kissing my lips gently as he places me down onto the floor and I shake my head. Rain pours down on us but neither of su seem to mine, his hair turns a jet black as mine mirror.

"You have no idea how much I thought id never see you again." I sigh taking his face in-between my hands. I examine every feature of the man of my dreams.

"you had no faith in me, ouch." he chuckles and I shake my head.

"Of course I did. I just worried Carter would kill be before then." I whisper walking away. He grabs my hadn't pulling me back and I spin crashing against his chest.

"Never say that agin. I don't think I could live a day knowing you are living it with me." he whispers taking my face in-between his face. His eyes roam across my face , the headlights of the car light us up and I can only imagine what is being said in the cars.

Mateo slides a hand down my cheek to my neck then he singles out off of the rings and he holds it out. Before ehe leans down and before I blink he is down on one knee. I gasp as he holds the ring around my neck in his hand and I smile.

"Gianna Romano, will you marry me, Again?" he asks and I laugh nodding my head.

"Why of course I will marry my husband once again." he stands up and I laugh when Giovanni honks the horn.

"Come on, We have a homemade lasagna waiting for us back in Florence, you going to get married again cool but let's do it back at home." he shouts out the window and we laugh.

Mateo sicks his middle finger up at him before he places a gentle kiss against my lips. "Were forever you know,." he whispers running his hands through my hair and I nod.

"Till it hurts, and trust me it hurt not having you here." I say climbing into the passenger side of the car as he closes the door for me.

"I told you he'd come for us." I whisper just as Mateo climbs into the car.

"You grew, a lot over the week." he says and I shake my head. "Yeah baby you look like you're actually oregano instead off drinking going off milk making you bloated" a laugh escapes my lips as he begins driving, reversing then leading the way as we drive back to Florence.

"Never leave me again." I break the silence and he shakes his head.

"Never." his hand slides down my thigh and I let out a sigh of relief when the warmth floods through my body.

"If the baby is a boy can we call him Nicolas." I ask and he looks at me, he really looks at me before he nods his head, his lisp tipping upwards and I smile back at hime.

"Of course baby." he says and I lean my head again his arm as my elbow supports my neck on the centre console.

The remainder of the drive I tell Mateo about Nico. He understood the reason our child deserved his name, he was there for me when I needed someone. When I was alone and afraid he brought the light I never knew I needed. He was the reason I got through my phase with Carter, he brought me out the hole I was in and I kept going. Because of Nicolas. But he's with Avani now, he will be happy, looking down on the baby boy who honours him everyday.

We arrive back at Florence early ion the morning but Belle and Alejandro are still awake making a home cooked meal for us. We walk through eh doors and I can see the amassment on the 'Monaco group's face when they walk into Belle and Ale's house.

I walk through eh door and Belles eyes widen and her face softens, she rushes towards me and wraps her arms around my waist, she runs her hands through my hair before taking my face in her hands. "God bless your soul." she saying kissing my head.

"Is there room for three more." I ask and the three guys stand behind me and she nods her head.

"Of course, anyone who looks after our princess is worthy of having dinner with us." She says and Alejandro pulls me into a hug and I sigh against his chest.

"Alessia." he calls and she runs down the stairs.

"Its she back. Is she back." she squeals and when her eyes meet mine I rush up the stairs as she rushes down and we meet in the middle. My body fills with warmth and I cant help the feeling of home fill me as I am surrounded by everyone who loves me.

We walk into the dinning room and I sit down beside Mateo, the room feels a lot smaller yet that be down to the new dinning table. Everyone takes their seat at the table as we begin ti say grace before the food is dished out.

"So how's my beautiful daughter." Belle asks and Sia smiles.

"i'm great thank you, better now Gianna is back." Alessia announces as everyone begins to dig into their food, Mateo winks at me and I frown but he just sits back ant nods to his mama.

"Not you, the pregnant one." belle laugh and Lucinda sticks her tongue out at Alessia and Belle one again shoots her down, "Not you. heavens sake, Gianna darling how you doing." Belle concludes and I gasp dropping my fork.

"you consider me your daughter." the word rolls oddly off my tongue as I wasn't aware how much I missed the feeling. For years I missed the feeling, I never knew I needed it, I thought wife and mother would be enough for em but the feeling that floods through my body shows how much I needed it. How much I missed it.

"Of course I do, you've done more for this family than any normal daughter would." she expulsion causing Alessia to sigh as well as Lucinda.

"I love you both but Gianna saved us. She brightens a lightness which shone upon our darkness. Of course your a part of this family." Belle says in disbelief as if I was out of line for questioning it.

"And you three, thank you for looking after our girl, you are more than welcome here. Anyone who looks after us becomes one of us." Alejandro says and the three men nods their head and I smile as my body feels at home. I feel like I can finally relax, that the years ive and to be on agued, not show me option ahem finally paid off.

I look around the room at my family as we all laugh and smile with one another I feel like I can finally say i'm happy. With a baby on the way, and a wedding to enjoy my life is amazing. What more could I want. Carter Willa always be a threat but I can't live my life worrying anymore. Maybe I can out run fate, and maybe this is my fate. To be a Romano.

So maybe blood is thicker than water, but water is refreshing as is change. In my case change was good, I was able to see my life through a clearer lenses and that was due to water. The blood was staining my glasses yet the water cleared them. My whole life I believed love was not capable of happening for me. But loving Matteo Romano was the best thing that ever happened to me. Choosing water, true loyalty was the best thing that happened to me. That kind of loyalty is pure hard to come by. Made from scratch, maybe sometimes the best kind of loyalty, it isn't blood loyalty, it's the ones you find when you least expect it. When you have given up, like I did in the word hope. However that slight chance, the possibility of love kept me going. If I can be loved so can you.

| T H E E N D |