Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Forty-Two || Coma

Noah's P.O.V

The closer we got to the building the more my heart pounded, let's hope I'm not too late. The smoke became more abundant the closer we got to the building. We pulled up in front of the building to see that smoke was seeping out one of the rooms on the second floor.

The area was polluted with smoke and it was gradually started to get hard to breathe. I jumped down from my horse and evaluated the area. 

"Search every inch of this place, you're priority is to find Layla Bourbon. Find her alive!" 

"As you wish Your Majesty!" 

They jumped from their horses and headed inside the building through the front entrance. I, however, took the liberty of climbing up a tree and onto the balcony. It was the fastest option, and I wasn't going to waste any more time.

I quickly look into the smokey room to see a familiar body on the ground, a thin and frail body. It was laying immobile on the ground. Immediately, I knew it was Aleah. There's no way I wouldn't have noticed it was her.

 I dashed into the room breaking through the glass. I cover my nose with my sleeve making sure I wasn't inhaling too much smoke. I rushed over to her side calling out for her over and over again, I turn her around to see that she was unconscious. 

I pick her up and headed out back onto the balcony, I straddle her onto my back before jumping back onto the thick branch I used to get up in the first place. Luckily we were able to get down just fine. Christian runs out of the building and was relieved to see Aleah on my back.

" Jackson has the girl," he announced.

" Take care her for me? Take her to the dungeons, I'll deal with her later,"

"As you wish your Majesty," 

I jump onto the horse and place her on my lap, I place my feet in the stirrup and kicked the horse starts to gallop fast. With one hand I held Aleah tightly making sure she was secure and close to me and with the other arm, I held onto the reins making sure I wouldn't fall.

I need to take Aleah To Allan before it's too late. The neighing of the house attacks people from inside the building and Allan comes rushing out. I jump down with Aleah in my arms.

" I'll take it from here." 

He takes her from my arms and heads inside without a second thought. I just stand there with a racing heart from the adrenaline that's just happened.

I feel kind of empty without her in my arms, and yes I know this isn't the time to be worrying about that. Clearly, there's something more important at hand, however, the jealousy just started to overwhelm me.

I follow Allan closely behind. He takes her to the chapel and places her down right under the cross. Immediately he starts to enchant something.

" Your Majesty?" I turn around to see Fernand standing by the door.

" Quickly go get a doctor," 

He looks at me confused. That's right he doesn't know what's happened. Though I don't think I have to tell him anything. He looks behind me to see Aleah's lifeless body on the ground, Allan enchanting some spell on her. 

He rushes to get a doctor and I turn back around to see that Allan had already finished whatever he was doing. I rush to his side, he looked exhausted with sweat trickling down his forehead and to his chin.

" So?!" I say impatiently. I'm out of my mind right now.

" She'll be alright, but." 

" BUT!?" 

"I don't know if she'll wake up,"

I blinked a few times trying to kid myself, that what I was just hearing was an illusion. Allan's eyes droop and his lips curve into a frown, this was no illusion. 

" So then what? She's dead?"

"No. I didn't say that, I just said there's a high possibility that she'll never wake up, ever."

My legs wanted to give way and fall to the ground. I start to walk towards Aleah who lays on the ground, her lifeless body made it seem like she was really gone. 

As I stood beside her my legs finally gave way and I drop to my knees. I pick her up and place her into my arms as tears start to flow. If she can't wake up then it's the same thing as losing her, and I've lost her one too many times to hold it in anymore. 

To think that all her pain and misery had to do with one person. My blood started to boil, that's right Aleah had to go through so much, so much pain, so much drama, so much worry, all because of that one person. 

I ceased my crying wiping the remaining tears away. I looked at Allan.

" Take her to my bedroom, take the doctors to her. Keep her safe because there's something I've still got left to do," 

That's right there's still one thing left to do. If it's Allan then I know he can take care of her and Aleah and Rosiera will be there right beside. I pick Aleah up and passed her onto him.

" Take care of her,"

" You don't even need to remind me," 

I need to get this final task done and over with if I want to be by Aleah's side as soon as possible. Allan said he doesn't know if she'll wake up, he never said she'll never wake up. I'm placing all my bets on that second option. 

I quickly take a horse and ride back to the Imperial palace where Christian and Jackson should be right now. The guards let me pass through the gate and quickly head into the dungeon entrance not far from the main building.

The entrance was hidden in a cave filled with vines for camouflage. I tie the horse to a tree and headed inside. I go down a couple of stairs before I'm in a hallway, it's been empty for many years now since neither father or I had any use for it, but I bet it's happy it's gotten its first customer in years.

Jackson appears from the end of the hall and was nowhere near pleased when he saw me. I cock him an eyebrow.

"Report," I demanded.

" Your Majesty, she's determined to keep her mouth shut,"

 I sighed, " of course she is." I ran my hand through my hair, " Bring me to her,"

To Be Continued