Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter thirty-six|| all said and done

Back to when Aleah was talking with Allen

Aleah's P.O.V

" There was a dream you once had. Of Noah slicing your head off... "

" Yes?"

" Well, what will you do when if I told you that wasn't a dream?"

If it wasn't a dream is he indicating that Noah had indeed sliced my head off? But I'm alive right now so that makes no absolute sense. No, but if I could transmigrate worlds then turning back time is also possible. 

" Could it be that I-"

Allen broke my sentence off by shaking his hands in front of me, which I took as a sign that I was on the wrong track. That means I didn't go back in time.

" You're right and wrong. Think about it, in that dream, did it seem like Noah was going to kill you?" I shook my head.

" It seemed more like I was watching me get killed," 

I closed my eyes shut trying to recall what happened, wasn't it just a dream? As I tried remembering each and every moment my head started to throb, like a needle stabbing into my brain. 

" No, it wasn't just a dream Aleah..." 

'The blonde must die'... why did that suddenly pop up? My head was about to burst, my vision was cloudy, my thoughts were a mess but even amidst the chaos, I tried to piece everything together. I felt like if I didn't or if I couldn't then I would truly break.

I was watching myself die? 'the blonde must die', the protagonist is out to get me, I didn't turn back in time. What do all those have in common? It's me and... LAYLA! So if I didn't go back in time, that doesn't mean someone else didn't.

" But why would Layla, turn back time when she already had everything?"

Out of nowhere, Allen breaks out into a laugh. Whatever it is he was laughing about must have been really funny because he starts to wipe some tears away.

" You're a smart one," he sighs calming down.

" Can't you just tell me, my brain is absolutely fried!" I pouted with my puppy eyes, he'll surely fall for this one.

" I do not fall for such tricks. However, I will tell you...You, no more like your soul is of a girl named Layla Bourbon. After Aleah had died, she had someone gone back in time to this timeline and swapped your bodies using forbidden magic. While she arrived in your body safely, your soul was stuck in a rift of time and space and you were sent to another world. Aleah's body continued moving without a soul with my help waiting for someone to occupy it, that's when you came into her body, you struck like lightning..."

Nothing he just said processed completely. There's just no way that I was Layla, for one why was this world in a book if I was originally from this world? Two, how did 'Aleah' manage to turn back time if she was already dead?

Some things just don't add up, was she given a second chance? If so was I also given a chance from God by sending me to another world and learning about my past life through a story in order to survive here? I mean I can see how it makes sense, that would be why Layla is out to get me.

 Revenge? it's the only likely probability. Now that I know, I can stay one step ahead of her. Still, does the blonde have to die? That means my fate has changed and I'd have to die, but Noah chose me instead of Layla, all the people who were supposed to be close with her are on my side instead. Could this possibly be false hope? Well, I'll onto any hope I can get.