Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine|| Unprecedented Occurrence

Anna Southgate, a girl who's the same age as Jackson. For the past few days, I've been observing her. She's a cute bubbly girl, who's just way too nice to actually be nice. However, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt because Jackson seems to be interested in her.

I stare at the two of them walking around the garden. You could call it the best seat in the house since the view from my balcony was certainly worthy of a V.I.P ticket.

Everyone is telling me that Lady Southgate is an amazing person and that they don't know why I'm so worked up over her. Well, the reason for it is that she wasn't an actual character in the novel that I read.

Since I'm certain she wasn't in the novel, she may have also been possesed. In other words, just like she's come from the other world and have entered in the body of Lady Southgate.

I have afternoon tea scheduled with her today, I'll get to know her once and for all what kind of person she is. . Whether she is what the maids say she is or if she is truly the person in my imagination is up for me to decide. 

I head back inside and started to read another one of Rosie's books. No matter how good it was I got bored really quickly so I visited Christian who was training with the knights. It was their monthly exam or test, where they battle each other 

As usual, he was beating the seniors all over again. I feel bad for the other knights who have to lose to a 10-year-old kid, however, Christian is just built different, you know?

With every charge and every dodge Christian dominated his opponent, I feel proud having realised his talents. It's like supporting my own child from the sidelines during a sports meet. Bria walks towards Christian as his next opponent. 

The last time they battled it was a crushing defeat for Christian. Christian shakes Bria's hand and then got their stances ready, I stare at the two attentively wondering who was going to win. The fight starts and Bria initiates the first move, it seemed like Bria was leading the fight. Christian dogged every move easily so why hasn't he made a move yet?

Suddenly Bria fell to her knees she was bruised up while Christian stood there unscathed, what the hell just happened? They thank each other before Christian runs up to me. He's grown so tall in a matter of months it's actually really scary. 

" Did you just see that my lady?" His eyes brightened up, gosh who didn't? I could barely keep my eyes away even though it ended so fast.

" You were great, but what happened? "

" Just this new technique I came up with. It basically tricks your enemy into thinking that they have the upper hand so they start attacking more aggressively, however, while they think I'm just dodging I'm actually attacking them slowly, and over time it'll be a burden on my opponent. " He starts to blabber on but I couldn't process everything, he truly is a genius.

The nights continue their mock battles while Christian sat beside me wanting to start a conversation every second. I couldn't concentrate on the other knights but I didn't seem to mind as much since Christian was clearly enjoying himself.

" Isn't it almost time for tea with Lady Southgate?" Christian spoke, he's right it was.

" Yeah I should get going, " I got up slowly not wanting to disrupt the knights.