Chapter Twenty

Chapter twenty|| the long-anticipated date

" Oh, your back," I say to the priest who, once again, appeared in my dream. At this point I'm not even surprised,  " you know, sometimes it's hard to believe that this is a dream." I say sitting down on one of his chairs.

" you're a stupid kid," he goes.

Oh great, because that makes me so happy. Also isn't he supposed to be a priest? I don't think he's supposed to be saying stuff like that.

" The bad will come to you, young one. It will come no matter what you do. " What is that supposed to mean? That I'll die no matter what happens? Am I supposed to believe that?

 " It is trying to find its way to you, but all you have to do is live the way you want. It will pass. "

So to live, I just need to live the way I want to? I wonder what the bad this, Layla hasn't even appeared yet. When she appears, I wonder what Noah will think about her. 

Would he still be interested in me? Or would he leave me for her in a heartbeat? The thought of him leaving me dug a hole through my chest, maybe it would be right to break things off with him as soon as possible...

No, I'm overthinking things again. We don't know what'll happen yet, I can't just jump to conclusions but I still need to prepare for the worst. Nothing can change that.

" I hear you've got a date." He smirks how does he know? Suddenly a letter pops up on his desk.

It was the letter I sent to Rosie, how does he have it? I picked it up to verify its content and no matter how you look at it, it's mine. I looked at the priest who shrugged his shoulders. This is a dream so of course, it's here. Why wouldn't it be?

" This may be a dream, but I am an actual person with a conscious you know? Anyway, your date is on his way, I suggest you get ready." he flicks my forehead and everything turns dark, why does that actually hurt. 

Again with that priest. I keep seeing more after every day passes. The only thing that man does is call me names and point out my relatively obvious flaws. Like no shit sherlock. I slowly open my eyes it's so bright already.

Gosh, I just want to lay in my bed all day and not do anything. Just one day. All I ask is one day to myself, in my bed, procrastinating.

The maids burst into the room. They readied the bath and got my outfit ready. It's still so early I bet there's so much time left, even if we're a little behind schedule there's no need to rush.

 The maids scramble me out of bed by taking my blanket away from me. I really can't be bothered today.

" My lady his highness is almost here!" The maids gestured me to hurry up.

The maids carried on their tasks. I checked the clock that hung on the wall, oh my gosh it's this late already? That damn priest, he put me up to this. I quickly take a bath and thanks to the maids I get changed pretty fast, they even managed to plait my hair into a crown in time.

I heard footsteps that sounded just like Christian's from down the hall. It's a long shot but I'm he's probably coming to inform me that Noah was here. The girls aren't done with my makeup though! I feel like a natural look would have been better, but the makeup isn't too thick. I guess that's alright.