Chapter Fifteen

chapter fifteen|| birthday celebration pt2

I stood myself at a table away from all the commotion, why are there no chairs anywhere? Today was officially me making my debut in high society. In normal circumstances, I'd have people lining up to marry me however since I'm already engaged there wasn't any of that happening.

Next year Layla will be showing up and the timeline of the novel will begin. When Noah and Layla fall in love I will step aside and let them have their way. Before then I'll have to make as many connections as I can. 

" Will you give me the honour of being your first dance of adulthood my lady." Noah walks to my side and held out his hand. 

This is supposed to be a great day so I suppose a dance wouldn't be so bad. Noah leads me to the centre of the hall and begins to dance.  All eyes were on us but it wasn't uncomfortable. I was focused on the person in front of me the whole time. He grew up to be the man I always fantasized about.

Day in and day out, I always imagined what Noah would look like as a person. The way he cherished Layla, the way he spoke loving words to him in the novel gave me butterflies. I always wished he would be able to do it to me but loving him now will only lead to my death.

After our dance Christian and Rosie insisted they dance with me too however they were less experienced which lead me to be completely drained. I either had to lead or had to deal with them stepping on my feet.

I headed to an empty balcony to grab some fresh air after dancing. I leaned on the ledge and enjoyed the cold breeze of the night.

I looked below enjoying the view only to see a lady speaking to a maid she then handed a liquid capsule to the maid. It looked rather suspicious so I sent Bryan to check on it. When he came back Bryan said the maid was never found and the Lady apparently went home due to an illness. Weird I have a bad feeling about this.

" Leah!" Father called out from the stairs.

I made my way to him and gave him a brief hug. Father suggested it was time to unwrap my gifts however the night was still young, he must have been eager to flaunt my brand new assets to everyone. People started to gather around with presents at hand, one by one I started to unwrap and unbox the gifts.

Rosie walks up and hands me a big box, I place it on a table and opened it, books! There was a note on the top, it read, 'unreleased Romance trilogies, happy birthday Leah!' I looked over to Leah, my long-awaited books! She mouthed me a happy birthday, I nodded in reply.

I wiped tears away when Christian hands me a bunch of papers. I wonder what it was, ownership to land maybe? but there was no way he had any of these assets, then again he could have bought them. 

Over the years Christian was no longer just my bodyguard he was also a royal knight, he fought in the latest war and was acknowledged by the Emperor. He's grown so tall too.

" It's brand new recipe's for sweets that are not found anywhere else in the world." He signals a maid and she brings in a tray of desserts.

" I even managed to create the ice cream flavours you mentioned once. I think you called it, 'Goody Goody Gum Drops?" and 'Chocolate Fudge Brownie'. You also have full ownership of the recipes so you can sell them or distribute them, whatever you want. " I stare at the tray he wasn't lying.

I start to tear up again, my long lost friend, I have found you once again. I grabbed a spoon and took a taste of the ice cream. The ice cream slowly melts in my mouth as my taste buds took in all its flavours.

It tastes just how I remember it. I place the spoon down and cleaned my mouth with a handkerchief. I turn around to see Noah holding out a ring in one hand, a promise ring? Then opens his other hand to see keys.

Suddenly I'm a Villainessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें