Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty||Trap

When I reach the end of the hall, I turn to the right where she had disappeared from and again, she stand at the end of the corridor almost as if she's tainting me or baiting me, or it could also possibly be both and right now J'm starting to that too. Something was off about this, I just don't know what.

I run towards her and she disappears again. This game of cat and mouse is starting tk get really frustrating, I'm getting nowhere close. This time she wasn't anywhere, it was like she disappeared, there wasn't anywhere she could ahve gone to. The halls weren't that big and aside from the casual pot plants there wasn,xt any place to hide.

I check through all the behind me, empty. She actual vanished into thin air. I swear she was just here I had seen her go this way.

She couldn't have used magic right? From what I know invisibility magic exists it has just almost never been seen before, it isn't forbidden magic either. There's no way Layla could have gotten it herself, there's someone else working with her.

" This is for ruining my life!" I hear  say from behind.

As I turn to look back something hard hits my head, I hear it break as it makes contact with me. I fall to the ground from the impact, beside me liquid flowed from a broken vase. My head was dizzy and I could feel something oozing from my head, blood?

I knew something was off, I should have just listened to my instincts. I shouldn't have followed her, I shouldn't have left my seat and I shouldn't have let my guard down.

I closed my eyes; the dizziness in my mess was nauseating, and the pain from the hit started to kick in. My eyes started to feel heavy and I could feel myself losing consciiusness.

With the little bit of feeling I had left I felt someone pick me up as they started to walk away. Then black, everything turned black.

________________

Noah's P.O.V:

As Allen finally ends his long and boring speech he places the crown onto my head making me the 46th Emperor of the Salvatore Empire. I turn around to face my subjects proudly as they clap their hands for me, I smiled and yet felt nervous about everything that was to come.

" Say something," I hear Allen whisper, I nod.

" IT IS MY PLEASURE TO BE YOUR EMPEROR AND WITH MY ASCENDANCE TO THE THRONE, I SHALL BRING PROSPERITY AND PEACE!" I shouted so that everyone could hear.

The room was once again filled with applause. I smiled and looked towards Leah... who wasn't there. My body  tensed. I look at Mother who shrugs her shoulders. I didn't even realize realize she had left.

Everyone starts to leave as the servants lead the guests to the banquet hall. As they leave I rush over to Mother, they had the same worrisome expression as I.

" What happened?"

" She left in the middle of your coronation," Mother said alarming everyone.

" did she say anything else?" Mother shook her head.

" Shit," I curse under my breathe, if she left in the middle then she's been gone for at least half an hour.

" Don't worry we'll send someone to find her, but we need to see if Layla Bourbon is around! " Jackson says.

"Good Idea, I'll leave that to you,"

We quickly looked and asked around, I got a lot of the servants involved without having a single of the guests notice that something was off. We searched the whole place, she wasn't anywhere.

I was getting nervous, my heart was racing right about now. It was boundung out of my chest and with every second that passed the harder it was to breathe. A million possibilities flowed into my head, a million and one, a million and two. I brush my hair with my fingers from the frustration. 

I frustrated at Aleah leaving her post in the middle of my corrination. Without thinking about me, and what I'd feel if she got herself into trouble. I know her circumstances and I've come to appreciate her more because I know. And because I know it makes me want to protect her even more which I'm not doing right now.

That also bring me to another reason why I'm frustrated. I'm frustrated at myself for not think ahead that this could have been a possibility, frustrated at me myself for not being able to protect her; if she was in danger I'd never be able to forgive myself.

" YOUR MAJESTY!!" I see Christian with Jackson and Rosiera running towards me.

" what?"

" I heart from count Bourbon that Lady Layla had left during your coronation."

That means that Aleah had left because of Layla. The both of them are missing, nothing good is going to come out of this.

I had Fernand search any areas or any buildings around the perimeter that Layla could have taken Aleah to. Broken, old, abandoned. Mother asked if the banquet was going to be cancelled and to send everyone home.

" Mother, tell them that I apologize about not being there and to have them enjoy themselves as much as they want."

She nods and leaves with her maids, I stand in front of the castle building. Where could she be? I know she's alive, I know she's still alive. But there's still that aching pain of doubt in my chest.

She's been officially gone for 2 hours now. Who knows what could happen in two hours. But this is Leah, my Leah, we're talking about. For sure she's finding a way our right now,

" Your Majesty! There's fire spotted at the Crystal Palace!!"

A soldier came running up to me. As I took in what he just said, I knew what was going.

Worry...
Scared...
Happy...

All these emotions were compacted into one making it hard to swallow. I cod hardly breathe now, my heart was basically out of my chest forcing towards Aleads.

Worried that the million and two possibilities would end with a million and three. I was scared. Scared of losing Aleah, scared of never being able to see her or hear her voice or see her smile or feel her touch. I'd never be able to wake up to her beautiful face every morning, or watch her skin bask in the sunlight as her hair flows in the wind then falls ever so oerfectly as jt dies down. I was scared of losing the girl I've been in love with since I was 10.

Then I was happy, happy that I'm now atleast a 500 meters from the girl I've been in love with since I was 10. And let me tell you this joy that that I'm getting with a side of relief is giving me hope that I am able save her, that she is alright and that the million and three possibility wasn't ever going to happen.

As I straddled onto a horse followed by christian and Jackson who also caught wind of the news, I had a sudden urge to call her name. It came so suddenly but I felt as though it would release the weight of a planet off my shoulders if I did.

I took in a deep breathe, and as I exhaled I screamed name.

" ALEAH!"

To Be Continued