Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter thirty-two|| Plan into action

Noah's P.O.V

" Your highness, the kid is ready,"

I took a sip of tea looking at a maid who stood by the door with her head bowed. By 'kid' I'm sure she's talking about Richard. I place my tea down as she lifts her head to look at me. I nodded at the maid and she proceeds to the door and for him.

Richards walks in with clean silk hair, beige chinos, a white-collar shirt, a brown checkered sweater vest and an upright posture. Fernand did an outstanding job once again. It's hard to imagine this was the same unwashed and musty kid from yesterday.

I ask him to take a seat in front of me on the other side of the coffee table, Fernand followed behind him. I guess in this short amount of time Fernand has taught the kid a little etiquette.

Richards eyes me as he takes a seat while Fernand stands at my side behind me. Now then let's get straight to the point.

I look at a maid who held a tray with a note in her hands. She nods and proceeds to place it on the coffee table before heading back to her position.

" What is this?" Richards picks it up and starts to read it.

" So? Anything ring a bell?"

I still don't trust him and I believe that I have no reason to. The only thing that hasn't stopped me from killing him and throwing him to the enemy as a warning is Aleah. I have no idea what's happened to Aleah there and I can only find that out through this kid.

Richard places the note down and starts to think. Yes, he should be thinking, because the next words he says will decide if he gets to live or die. I've already talked to the others about this, even if he's a kid if he is a threat he dies.

" Yes..." 

Oh? I didn't expect him to come clean so fast, I had expected him to come up with some lie. This is getting interesting. Let's see what he has to say first.

" This man describes the leader of the mercenary group, Blade." 

" Blade huh?" I look back at Fernand.

Without having to say anything he nods and leaves the room. I shall expect to see who this 'Blade' person is later. If he is the leader of a mercenary group then why is such a small kid affiliated with such savages?

" Blade is a very bad man. If it is for money, he will do anything and everything. "

" How do you know all this?"

 " I-, I was part of his mercenary group, catering and watch duty was my only tasks though. I've been working for him since I was 8, it's been 5 years since then."

A small 13-year-old kid working for a mercenary group? They even kidnapped my Aleah, no this 'Layla Bourbon' did. I believe father has been a little too nice to the people if a daughter of a count could think she can kidnap my fiance like that.

I need to find out who this Layla girl is, I won't let her go so easily. I smiled evilly as I imagined myself slowly breaking every bone in her body as she begs Aleah for forgiveness. I should get in contact with Count Bourbon first in case this girl decides to run away or something. Yes I'll just do that when I get Aleah back

Oh no, I got lost in my imagination again! I look at Richard who looked at me disgustingly, I place my palm on my face and sighed. I need to stop doing that.

" You can do whatever you want here, but you have to stay with Fernand wherever you go. If not I'll lock you up. There's a meeting later, Fernand will take you there and fill you up on the situation,"